why me?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So on wednesday..i felt flu like symtoms..headaches muscle pain you name it! I started to feel a burning sensation when i was peeing and thought nothing of it. Then my vagina was irritating a little so i took a little mirror to the toilet and had a look. I was horrified. Started to panic and looked up the symtoms online and herpes came up..i had every little symtoms down to a T.so i cried...and cried...and cried..why me!!! And i know who i got it off aswell..a guy who I work with was the last guy i slept with.i said it to him and he said he got checked 6 weeks ago..but i knew he would say something like that anyway! I really dont know what to do..i feel my life is over..I cant even look at my daughter without feeling discusted..i shower with my daughter everyday always have but now i feel i cant..i feel like a diseased lepar! My sores look like theres burst now.how long until they heal? The absolute pain of them.i can barely walk..or sit right..and i live at home with my family and im starting to act wierd.dont want them to notice..i dont even want to go out to my friends.i feel so dirty..help!!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Good morning I've only had this for about a week today myself. I can tell you that the burning when you go pee is just going to start getting worse. If you have $30 to spare I would definitely suggest that you buy some Lidocaine and put it down there before you have to go pee so it comes that you don't feel it as much. It's nice because you can actually walk around and feel like your normal for a minute. But then when it wears off your body is kind of mad because you walked around and did so much why the blisters were still there. As far as the flu like symptoms that's going to have to run its course she could use some ibuprofen every couple hours to keep the levels up in your system. I know you don't really want to but you have to make sure you drink fluids. I went through a whole tube of that stuff in just 3 days. Attempted to put some baking soda on them but don't do that yet cuz it hurts really bad and I'm sure you're not ready for the pain. This is very annoying and I understand your pain I'm sorry you have to go through it. Just get better. I would if you could go to the doctor and have them prescribe you some medication early cuz that's how you get them to go away quicker. I don't know I'm just a rookie at this somebody else may be able to answer a little bit more but this is what I've done to get the pain to go away a little bit but the pain always comes back. And on top of that my shingles came back last night so I understand what you're going through I'm a healthy person I eat well and work out everyday I've never slept around or anything I don't know what I ever did to deserve this. It's depressing in the disease is evil
    • Posted

Sorry there some errors in there trying to do voice to text.. also if you can try to let it air out down there through the day.
  • Posted

Good morning I've only had this for about a week today myself. I can tell you that the burning when you go pee is just going to start getting worse. If you have $30 to spare I would definitely suggest that you buy some Lidocaine and put it down there before you have to go pee so it comes that you don't feel it as much. It's nice because you can actually walk around and feel like your normal for a minute. But then when it wears off your body is kind of mad because you walked around and did so much why the blisters were still there. As far as the flu like symptoms that's going to have to run its course she could use some ibuprofen every couple hours to keep the levels up in your system. I know you don't really want to but you have to make sure you drink fluids. I went through a whole tube of that stuff in just 3 days. Attempted to put some baking soda on them but don't do that yet cuz it hurts really bad and I'm sure you're not ready for the pain. This is very annoying and I understand your pain I'm sorry you have to go through it. Just get better. I would if you could go to the doctor and have them prescribe you some medication early cuz that's how you get them to go away quicker. I don't know I'm just a rookie at this somebody else may be able to answer a little bit more but this is what I've done to get the pain to go away a little bit but the pain always comes back. And on top of that my shingles came back last night so I understand what you're going through I'm a healthy person I eat well and work out everyday I've never slept around or anything I don't know what I ever did to deserve this. It's depressing in the disease is evil
    • Posted

The baking soda is for the water you drink. Helps reduce urine acidity (as does simply drinking lots of water). Cornstarch is for the actual lesions, if you want to go natural. Supposed to help dry them out. Same goes for soaking your privates in Epsom salts.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.im in ireland so i dont know if they supply that cream over the counter? They dont usually have great stuff like that. Please dont say the burn will get worse sad i also have my period at the moment so you can only imagine how often im trying to clean the area sad i feel like iv been punished!will the baking soda sting? Im debating whether to use it or not myself! Have you many sores may i ask?
    • Posted

Personally, I would try to avoid using too much stuff down there, but people swear by lidocaine and Epsom bath soaks. Cornstarch I've heard less about and didn't use it myself, but it is suggested as a natural drying agent to speed up healing. Might be too messy with your period as well, though. Definitely try to keep it dry (besides rinsing when peeing), avoid goopy ointments, and keep up your water intake if burning urination is a problem.
    • Posted

Omg, I put them on the actual blisters. Thought I was gonna die
  • Posted

The first week is the worst! Try paracetamol or ibuprofen for general pain relief, and topical lidocaine for localised pain relief. If it burns to pee, drink more water, not less, and pour water down there while you pee to rinse the urine away from lesions. The first outbreak is nearly always the worst, so once you get passed this, it should be much better and you ought to feel normal down there again. Doesn't feel like it ever will right now, but it does get better!
    • Posted

Is it like this every damn outbreak? My shingles came back too. Gosh
    • Posted

No, don't worry, the first is definitely the worst! Future outbreaks will be much milder. Depending on the hsv type you have, you may not even have recurrences, or barely any at all. My recurrences to date have been very mild to the point where I wasn't sure if they were actual recurrences!
  • Posted

HUGS to you.  You will be learning a great deal over the next few months -- there are many things that you haven't realized yet.  At first, this is an emotional tsunami.  But, time will teach you -- it's not a death sentence. Far from it.   And, it helps a little bit to learn how many others are infected -- only a little bit, but it does help.  You are not dirty, cheap, and you did nothing to deserve this.  You will have to learn an entire new level of being a friend to yourself.    The pain and other physical symptoms will diminish.  

So, take it one day at a time.  Go through the websites that promise a cure that they swear the medical community is trying to hide from us (!!)  Of course, as you already know, there isn't a cure, but searching for one is part of the learning curve.

One of my reactions was to buy every supplement anyone mentioned might help -- lysine, lemon balm, garlic, licorice root, burdock, olive leaf, etc., etc.  I now take lysine daily, as there seems to be *some* science behind that one.

And, there are many many success stories of people and couples moving past an HSV diagnosis, women having healthy babies, etc. 

The first person I told that I had it was a gent I had gone on a couple of dates with two years ago (we had not been intimate).  He called to see if I was still 'on the market' and I took a deep breath, and told him I was now off the market due to HSV.  He said...."me too."  He swears he had it so long ago, and had been without symptoms for so long,  he actually had forgotten until a blood test (a year ago, a woman he started dating asked for blood tests).  The point of my telling you that -- it's a very big club.....

But, right now, give it time, give yourself some slack.  Keep reaching out.

• Posted

Oh honey, big bugs to you!!!

I know what you are coing trough, specially the why me part of it!!! I am a mom as well so i understand your fear too!!!

First, go get tested and get some meds!!!! Valtrex is coing miracles for me so far!

Also, i know it's disgusting but pee in the shower.

I swear i am the cleanest person ever but i was so in pain in my first outbreak and i didn't have lidocaine so that was my big relief! Aloe vera gel did work also!

Look, the first ob is the worst. But it gets better, i promise! You should also get tested to see what type you have (1 or 2)

Type 1 is "the best" and you are suppose to have less outbreak than when you have type 2!

I know it's hard but there is like a quarter of the world population who lives with this...in the end, it is just a skin disease. And when the right person comes along, this person will not care if you have herpes or not! You are still you with a skin condition! Whatever bad thing you think about yourself now, just remember it is not True and you are still a wonderfull human being!!

• Posted

Oh and btw, big hugs, not bugs lol!!!
    • Posted

Thanks so much to everyone for taking there time to reply! Means so much to me! I couldnt have type 1 if its genital could i? Is type 1 just coldsore type? Also I havent had oral sex in months so im kind of taking it on board myelf that its type 2sad depressing! Dont have an appointment until next week with a Clinic! Its my friends birthday the weekend and i really hope im healed. can only imagine what its going ro be like drinking and needing to pee every hour!sad 2016 has started AWFUL
    • Posted

You can get either hsv type genitally, but *usually* hsv-1 from oral sex and hsv-2 from intercourse. If you're "lucky", hopefully you still managed to get hsv-1...or something else altogether that's at least curable! You should try to get swabbed asap, before healing. Viral culture misses a lot of cases if the lesions are old. Pcr swab is better, even for older lesions, but not every clinic may offer that. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.