Will Human Growth Hormone make a 16 year old taller?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 16 years old and 5'7 I have not grown significantly for 3 years. My Dad is 5'10 and my mother 5'6. As in the title my question is would injecting human growth hormone result in any additional height. I understand 5'7 isnt tiny but it is significantly smaller than my expected height (5'9 to 5'11) and like most kids my age i want to be as tall as possible.

Thanks,

John

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I really don't think that will spurt your growth. You'll be as tall as you're going to be. A supplement is not going to alter that. Plus, you really don't need to mess with that stuff. Talk to your doctor about your concern. Don't take it upon yourself to fix it. That stuff changes a lot of things plus can make you act like an a** lol. Trust me I've dated roid heads.
    • Posted

Thanks for the fast reply. Only reason I want to take it is I think being taller would make me more confident, attractive, employable, intimidating etc. So it is mostly just an insecurity, but honestly even the chance of getting a couple more inches seems worth the risk. Plus HGH is different to roids it stimulates growth in bones more than muscle and i have'nt seen anything about being angry online. 

Anyway ill try talkling to my GP about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.