Will it ever be over?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm really struggling to cope at the moment. I feel like a burden to everybody and have pushed everyone away. I'm so scared it will never be over. I'm not very good at talking to people so haven't tried therapy, I'm also scared it won't work and I'll be back to square one with no hope. I don't want to battle with this my whole life I don't think I could handle it.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been feeling this way? I'm dealing with it too. How old are you?You can do it. I know we can do it!!! Hang in there. I don't know you put am another person who understands!!

• Posted

Thank you smile I'm 26, it has been on and off for 3 or 4 years but has got much worse the last year. How about you?

• Posted

Honey what's the worse that could happen if you try therapy???

You might just realize it is not nearly as bad as you thought. I bet it would even help you feel relaxed and able to deal with the situation.

They have group therapy also where there are people dealing with probably some of the same problems you are. Of course I would do whatever your Dr. Advices but I would sure give it a try, you owe that to yourself. ??

Let me know how it goes my friend God bless, Sue

• Posted

No, you don't need to battle with it your whole life and I'm sorry life has dealt you this rough hand. But if you can do everything in your power to try to overcome, or even just manage it, then things will begin to change in a good way. Also, you don't need to be good at talking when it comes to therapy. Even just going there and trying is a major step in a positive direction. And try not to dwell on negative future outcomes please, because the opposite could be equally true as well you see. But in saying all that, I'm very sorry you're going through this. It's very difficult, I know. Stay strong, keep your heart strong, and make those positive changes.  

• Posted

Not everyone deals with depression for life. It's a scary thing and the more you understand perhaps not so scary. You can live a good life and find happiness. Even if you have this for a life time, it is not always a huge struggle. Therapy may help you to handle things better. Nobody knows what you say and talking out problems help many. If your on medication that is not helping talk to your physician. You need some kind of professional help. If you have help and are no better, get different help. It takes time and patience. I know thats hard right now but you may go through several medicines before you get the fit. All our body chemistry is different so help can take time. Please don't give up and be honest with your doctor about needs. I hope you feel much better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.