Will my tingling in feet,hands and face improve after vit b12 injections

Posted , 4 users are following.

I ve been diagnosed with Vit b12 deficiency and have had the last of my loading dose of injections this week.  I have so much energy and cant remember when I last felt so wide awake..  A lot of minor problems have disappeared but  my tingling in feet hands and face are still bothering me.  I have been told it may not go away but I am hoping it will.  Anybody else have experience of this  and did theirs go away through time?

I am also still feeling lightheaded at times but not sure if that is my low blood pressure  or just my body adapting to it working more effiecently!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too have recently finished my loading, about a month ago, and i still get symptoms i previously had but they do come and go almost daily. So i would say leave it for a couple of weeks, perhaps keep a symptom diary so you can see when and how long they happen for. Imwent for a very long, fastish walk last week and after sitting down for about half an hour when i got up i was dizzy on and off for a couple of hours.

my gp told me it can take months before you notice any real improvement, which allayed my initial fears but i still worry that i havent had enough red juice to really make a difference. Unfortunately we have to trust their judgement, at least at first, until we can know that something isnt quite right.

• Posted

thank you   Lisa helen for your reply.  That is good to know..I suppose if your body hasnt been working well for a while it will take time to heal
  • Posted

hi diamck.  b12 response is most definitely v. individual.  no 2 ppl respond similarly.  however, there can be a bit of what may seem like an exacerbation of symptoms after the first loading injections.  apparently this the b12 kick starting the healing process, wakening up the nerves etc.  the website 'HealthUnlocked' in the PAS section gives excellent advice/information on b12 deficiency management etc. etc. 
  • Posted

Hi! Just to echo what the others have said, you'll continue to see improvements as your body heals itself over time, with sufficient B12. I have tingling hands/feet due to Raynaud's (circulation disorder) but it was getting to the point of neuropathy with my low B12 - pain in my legs, not just feet and it felt like I was standing on a vibrating floor at times. I'm very happy to say that those issues went away after a few months. I believe that the nerves regenerate, which doesn't happen over time. If you're healthy enough, though - it will happen. smile

Enjoy the energy!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.