will stuffy nose/running nose cause creatinine to shoot up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my creatinine was quite stable for the past 3 months, always around 220-260.

However, today i went hospital and suppose to have my 3rd iv -cyclo. then last 2 days, i was unwell, and today i have running nose and feel unwell too. my creatinine shoot up to 300.

last 2 weeks, 25 Jan, i just did a renal check, creatinine is 250. so fast then kidney function drop so much in 2 weeks?

anybody can advise? thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes definately, i had a cold once and my GFR dropped by over 12. 
    • Posted

able to recover and GFR back to your usual range?
    • Posted

Yes return to normal after i recovered from cold / virus
  • Posted

Hi,

A virus can cause a rise in creatinine and a drop in GFR if it was 250 and has gone to 300 its not that much of a jump.  It may drop when your virus clears or it may be natural progression of CKD and remain at that level or drop more.  You will just have to wait until you virus is gone and then have it re tested.

• Posted

thank helen.

today my FBC , white blood cell also a bit high.

i hope it will drop.

my nephrologist saw me last month and told me i am quite stable. and may not need to start dialysis this year.

now it shoot up. so i may worry. 

• Posted

Hi,

If you have a virus you white blood count  will be up that is what it is for to fight infection.  This will come back down once your virus has gone.  Your creatinine is slightly raised fromm its normal level due to infection it hasn't shot up so try not to worry.  I think you worry a lot and this will not help you.  All the things that are happening at the moment is your body fighting a virus all completely normal.

• Posted

Did they tell you what kind of viral infection you had ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.