Will this anxiety ever leave?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been dealing with bad anxiety for 5 months now.  Have been on Zoloft for last 3 months, there have been some good days but I always fall back into deep cloud of worry and feel physically sick and exhausted.  My biggest worry is that I will never beat this anxiety.  I try and use all the tools - breathing, yoga, exercise, cbt, eating healthy, staying on a sleep schedule, yet I still fall back into bad place.  Just looking for some hope that this is something that will eventually run its course.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sertraline can take a while to work. They just might me be suited to you. It's about finding the right dosage, medicine for your anxiety. But they do take a while to start working. I had a bad relapse in my anxiety last year to the point where I thought I was going to be hospitalised. I had no sleep, lost about a stone in a month which caused a relapse in my OCD, and it took a good few months for the tablets to kick in. But when they do it'll happen and you'll feel so much better. The anxiety is still there but it gets easier to deal with. Have you aided your doctor to refer you to counselling? That may help you better than cbt, just having someone to talk to is always valuable when dealing with anxiety.
  • Posted

Thanks for the encouragement. I went to a counselor 3 times, but just did not feel comfortable with them.  It is something I want to do again, but I really want to feel better on meds first. I was in such a bad place when I went initially it actually made me feel worse.  
  • Posted

Hi Andrei I saw my cbt chap William yesterday and felt so much more positive, I set some goals for myself to follow, like getting up this morning and having breakfast of cereal in the garden but couldnt be bothered so just sat in front of tv and had chocolate biscuits and coffe, just want to feel better
    • Posted

Yeah - I would give anything to not feel like this.  Normal life puts up enough obstacles but when you throw this in it is almost impossible to get through each day.
    • Posted

A little better today, mind still racing and all over the place.  How about you?
    • Posted

Hi Andrei still feel the same but trying to get my self in a place that when I go home I can run the hoover over the floor.

House is a mess but dont seem to care.

Hope you have a reasonalble weekend

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.