Winter Is Coming .....

Posted , 10 users are following.

......to New Zealand in about four months. Autumn is almost upon us with its cooler weather, and this is my first cold weather spell with LP. I need tips for clothes and how to get around the "no knickers AKA underwear" dilemma. I really can't wear anything near the target zone because of the pressure. All summer it's been long skirts outside and longish mumu type garments around the house.

NZ has a temperate climate which is good in one way but bad in another. eg, most houses don't have central heating or air con because we just don't need it. We light the fire or turn on the gas heater in winter and rug up warm to go out. But what to wear out? I used to wear trousers over warm leggings over underwear..... Now not an option. So it's long heavier skirts, but are there leggings that don't have crutches and can one still get knitted leg warmers? And if so, where? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. We still have a few months to go but better be prepared.

And this may sound silly, but am I likely to get a chill in nether regions which won't be good for my condition? Or anything to be prepared for? Wish I had a house on other side of the world too so I could never have a winter lol

awaiting all clothing suggestions from other kiwi ladies especially ..... Xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When i go somewhere i live in light weight knit jogging type pants,loose fit and waist,at home its a night gown and comando..my husband is so sick of me wearing a nightgown. I'm worried about summer as i look awful in skirts. will have to lose some weight and wear looser pants. I use a protectant ointment..in the U.S vaseline lightly on irritated areas and loose cotton underwear,i am dreading hot sticky weather.
    • Posted

Thanks Lee!

the jogging pants sounds good if I can get some big ones that drop below the crutch. I do wear a lot of skirts now and some are heavier weight. I always wear nighties in the winter anyway as soon as it gets dark, we are on our own. He has an earlyish shower anyway and puts his Jamie's on lol... mind you, we are old! Night time is fine, it's just the trips into town, shopping, appointments etc. need to be a bit smarter, but warm! 

• Posted

jammies I meant, as in pjs. 
    • Posted

Well,i hope you can find something comfy,i wear my clothes do shopping etc then home to my nightgown lol. Oh im in my late fifties,so not so young here lol. Have a good weekend.
  • Posted

Hi lynn I don't know whether you have a Next store over in new Zealand but they sell fantastic harem pants so lovely and loose where you need it but can look quite stylish also
    • Posted

Oh, you know, that sounds familiar! I'll do some research and if we don't have it here maybe Australia does. On line shopping is so handy!

Thanks very much Joanne. My whole wardrobe needed to change, I never wore a long skirt in my life  but I quite like them now. I miss jeans and long pants but they all went to the re cycle bin today. 😏

• Posted

Hi Lynn, You might give Amazon a try for the items you need. I purchase a size larger than I need in pants that are marked "tall". That makes the crotch longer. If the waist is too big a take a small tuck, just enough to hold them up. I always found leg warmers crept down as I walked. Old fashioned garter and hose would probably work if they still exist. Harem pants sound good but I don't know where to get them. I have trouble driving (the sitting). Good luck!

• Posted

Im short,but i imagine average length would work for me the same way as i usually wear petite,then would have to have a seamstress shorten,anyway good idea. The crotch only bothers me when sitting. Seems to ride up. Ouch.
    • Posted

Thanks Barbara for that. Yes I will look for garter and thick stockings, never thought of it! Am thinking I might get the knitting needles out and tackle some leg warmers. 

Yes, the sitting is, sadly, worst thing of all for me. Kids live out of town too, so it's all one way them visiting me and not me visiting them, since last year, when I got bad. 😒  Never mind, things might improve a bit, it's early days for me.  Thanks for tips all! 

• Posted

I am in the Southern US...it gets very cold in winter.  I have only worn long skirts even before the LS dianosis...I just like them.  I stopped wearing any underwear with the LS diagnosis.  I can sit for any length of time in a skirt, whereas any sort of pants hurt and get tight across the bottom no matter how loose they are when not sitting.  If you are cold when sitting, either at home or in a car, how about using an afghan or small quilt, etc. over your lap?   Wear socks on  your feet and warm slippers at home, that helps keep everything warm, right?  You can buy good (but don't buy  cheap) leg warmers on eBay and now that they are coming back in fashion, most department stores sell them, too.  Even dancers supply houses sell legwarmers, and they some times have ones that go right up to the thighs.

I hope this helps a bit!

• Posted

Oh thanks Patricia! 

Yes I really like long skirts now though I never wore them before.

Its not going to be a problem around home, I have any amount of long socks and slippers and so on, but for going out its about what to wear UNDER the long skirt to look a bit smart, still be able to wear boots and smart shoes and keep my legs and thighs and bum from freezing. I have had some good tips re garters and thick stockings and also harem pants that I could wear as an alternative, they drop below the crutch so that's good. 

Thank you for suggestions. This is my first winter since diagnosis and problems re pressure on labial area.

• Posted

Hey Lynne,

How's it going? I just looked on Glassons website and they have Harem pants on special at the moment $25/pair. They may be a bit lighter, but with a crutchless pair of leggins/stockings under, you'll be sexy in no time ! biggrin

• Posted

Ha ha Lene, you dag! Sexy is last thing on my mind at the moment lol 

been looking out for you, wondering how you're doing. I guessed doing well, because most people here when they are doing well don't tend to post! 😀

Trying to to get my wardrobe together for the coming chill and getting lots of tips and thanks for that one. xx

take care

• Posted

Hey, I got a cute pair harem pants at Glassons for $20 yesterday! Thanks Lene xx They call them 'dropped crotch' ☺️
    • Posted

Great name! Im glad you found some you can use . I bet they're comfy too!.

Yeah, I'm doing good. Went to see sex woman early Jan. She gave me clob and ovestin to last for another six months. Haven't had any change for months, clitoris not getting any bigger though..but I doubt there's much I can do about that. The sex clinic woman keeps suggesting I should go to the menopause clinic... I'm not quite there yet, I think. I do get hot, but prefer to blame the fantastic weather we've had instead. Anyways, I hope you'll get dove use out of your dropped crotch, Lynne. 😊

• Posted

*some, not dove

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.