wisdom teeth extractions

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello i got my wisdom teeth pulled exactly a week ago today. Well now i have huge ulcers in my mouth.. i use the alum powder to take the pain away which helped soooooo much.. but what exactly can i eat.? i still have some pain from the ulcers but not as much as it was before.! a big relief. i got stiches on the left side and i have a hole on the right.. im nervous to eat but i am literally starving.! please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Trice

I had my upper right wisdom tooth out three weeks ago.  I was petrified of getting a dry socket.  Resisted the urge to poke it with my tongue and ate very soft foods. 

I found the following foods easy to eat, soup with bread dunked in to soften the bread, scrambled egg, mashed potato, yoghurt, trifle and custard.  I know it is not a well balanced diet but you won't be hungry.

I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes

Marie

• Posted

Can i eat things like Rice as well.? i need something that will fill me up lol
    • Posted

I kept away from rice as I didn't have any stitches and was worried about rice getting stuck in the hole.  Maybe thick creamy rice pudding might be OK.

Marie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.