Wisdom tooth ... Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Wisdom tooth really scared?

Ok so yesterday I noticed that in the back if my mouth where my wisdom tooth would grow out, it's a different color. I just noticed this not to say that it wasn't there before because I highly doubt it but I really,can't remember. Its like grey and idk if that's the tooth coming out. To me it looks like a sore like when you brush too hard but idk. It was hurting a little bit today but no debilitating pain. I'm a hypochondriac so I'm freaking out. My dentist did say that I would eventually have to get it taken out but that was 3 years ago.

Its a little soft when you touch it

What if it's infected I don't wanna die.

My docs did 2 set of blood work about 2 weeks ago for other reasons, but if I did have an infection in my blood wouldn't it be in the results. My results were normal.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry, but you must calm down, go and see your dentist! If you are terrified of the dentist, you can ask him to just look and he will do so. IF your wisdom tooth is impacted, it might just need to be cleaned, the flaps of skin, need to be thoroughly cleaned out and you may be given a short course of antibiotic. IF your dentist thinks it need to come out, he can admit you to hospital so it can be removed while you are asleep! 
    • Posted

The thing is, is that I don't have any flaps the teeth didn't come out yet, the gum Is just I little soft and grayish/white.
  • Posted

The doctors have checked your bloods, try not to worry, it takes time for wisdom teeth to come through. If this continues, especially if your jaw is painful or especially if it is locked and won't open, you REALLY need to see a dentist. 
    • Posted

Thank you, I'll try not to worry. It hurts once in a while but it is not severe pain and it usually stops a few minutes after.
    • Posted

Wonderful, if it does get worse straight to the dentist ❤️🍀❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.