Wish me luck

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm going to a wedding today on my own.....and I'm nervous, but I want to be there.....would hate to miss it. Fingers crossed for me that I don't get too anxious xx

0 likes, 158 replies

158 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wishing you lots of luck Iris! smile I have attended a wedding on my own and like you was very nervous (it's only natural) but I ended up having a great time. I'm sure others will understand and you should find someone to talk to. Hope you have a great day, enjoy! xx
  • Posted

Good luck Iris. You can do it. A few glasses of wine & you'll be fine. X
  • Posted

Good luck 😊 Im sure you'll do great. This will be me in a few weeks and I'm dreading it!!! X
    • Posted

Don't beat yourself up, it was good that u even considered going, how long have u been on your meds xx
    • Posted

Been on increased dose for 33 days now.  I drove 55 miles, set out far too early, and arrived 45 mins early! Feel proud of myself that I did it though....I only knew he bride and I was on my own. I stayed for the meal, even tho I was terrified I had no appetite......but ate everything.  Left at 6.....had car packed to go to caravan, but was so tired I came home.  Went straight to sleep! After 33 days I still have that low mood feeling in my diaphragm/lower chest, and no motivation.  How I wish.........but I know it's still early days x how are you all?  I feel like smashing plates.....feel so frustrated!
    • Posted

Hi iris

yoy did exceptionally well. Take strength from that. 33days is still very early considering it can usually take 8 weeks to feel full benefit. 

Im still moving in the right direction but still not back to my bubbly self yet. 

We are going on holiday in 2 weeks & im nervous that I won't feel mentally well enough. Thought about cancelling a few days ago but my husband works so hard & needs a break in the sun. Xx

• Posted

Well done u, that's fantastic!! I'm still not in the right place to even consider doing that lol, I've only been on increased dose 4 days , felt dreadful this morning but feeling a little calmer now xx
    • Posted

Hi mumsie pops how long have u been on yours now? Did u find the mornings awful and have u found there getting better thanks x
    • Posted

Yes Tracy the mornings were worse but things are seeming much brighter. I was on 50mg for 3weeks & then increased to 100mg for the last 10 days. I may even step up to 150 but will give it another month until after my hol as don't want added side effects to spoil things. 
    • Posted

Aww it's good to hear , gives me hope , I was on 50mg 2 weeks and have just started 100mg 4 days ago , feeling quite nausea at the min!! Was your brain constantly on the go waiting for the anxious feelings to start lol x
    • Posted

Well, well, well. I was so pleased with myself for going to the wedding, and I thought all I had to do this morning was be so happy, but that dark cloud is back, been in floods of tears. I hate this low mood....I want it to lift and get on with my life
    • Posted

Yes I'm such a negative person. All the time I'm waiting for something to go wrong. I just don't ever want to be in that scary anxious situation again. 

I think I need a bit of counselling on how to become more positive!!

the nausea will go soon I promise. It took about 5/6 days for my anxiety to subside on 100mg. Stay in touch. X

• Posted

I know it's horrible , but we will eventually get there , I know this sounds daft but I find when I'm due on I cry lots and feel worse xx
    • Posted

Thanks for that, it's that uneasy feeling in my belly and feel on edge! How long had u been suffering with it before u started the sertraline , I've been 6 months but like I said I can feel calm for a bit then I'm waiting to start feeling anxious then boom it comes xx
    • Posted

I congratulated myself yesterday for going to the wedding...I felt as if I'd built bridges for myself. Then when I go up this morning with that low mood I couldn't believe it....it was as if yesterday didn't count for anything. It will have done, I know that, but I felt really disappointed that the good experience hadn't moved me up a few notches. I know it can take 8 weeks, and I know I'm impatient....we prob all feel like that!
    • Posted

We do!! I always feel calmer at night then bam get up in the morning and feel sooo anxious and on edge , I think great here we go again , but I've spoke to lots of people who have gone through it and r better now so we need to look at the positive and know we will get there!!! Don't get me wrong I get scared that I'm not gonna get better but I know we will xxx
    • Posted

I seem to have been locked in this forever....my brother died, I was critically ill, then a row with my daughter....all in one year! Strangely enough, depression is a side effect of sertraline!
    • Posted

Oh really , well maybe u need something to go alongside it, to lift your mood xxx
    • Posted

Really? What can they give me?  I don't know how long these side effects are going to last!
    • Posted

Well I'm also on 45mg of mirtazipine and 2mg diazepam while the sertraline kicks in xx
    • Posted

But had to see a psychatrist to get both prescribed together , u just need to spk to your gp x
    • Posted

It's another anti depressant but can be put with other anti depressants x
    • Posted

You'll be fine. Try & focus on the good days & not the bad ones. There'll be more good ones than bad soon. X
    • Posted

That sounds good enough for me lol, did u have panic attacks aswell ,x
    • Posted

Yes my panic attacks were dreadful. They stopped me thinking rationally. Now I'm feeling so much better I'm thinking along the lines of cbt so I have an extra tool kit for the future. X
    • Posted

That's what started my anxiety having panic attacks then every time I went anywhere I'd get myself anxious incase I had another then my anxiety spiralled out of control !! Just can't wait to feel relaxed in myself ha x
    • Posted

You are soooo positive! I keep having to remind myself I've only had increased dose for 33 days. Can't understand why I've turned so weepy...I think it's disappointment, after I achieved so much yesterday. I thought I'd wake up this morning feeling cockahoop!'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.