Withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have been in sertraline for 6 years at to my per day. I have now been off then for 7 days after weening off. I would like to no wether anybody else is suffering From nausea? Also my tongue is sore I don't no if that's a symptom.😕 im experiancing vertigo and pulpitations too.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have been on sertraline for 6 years at 50mg per day. I have now been off then for 7 days after weening off. I would like to no wether anybody else is suffering From nausea? Also my tongue is sore I don't no if that's a symptom.😕 im experiancing vertigo and pulpitations too.

• Posted

Yes, when I got off sertraline, I suffered from nausea and headaches, sweating, etc. It should last 2-3 weeks. Best of luck. Please titrate when getting off. 
    • Posted

I took 50mg every other day for 10 days then 25mg for 10 days every other day. Finally I staggered 3to4 days then stopped now been off completely 7 days now. I suffered bad headaches whilst on them but since I have stopped my headaches have decreased alot.it's mainly nausea that I have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.