wolff-parkinson-white-syndrome ????

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello im 17 and i've just come back from hospital after staying a night to get my heart monitored.After the night i was told i have wolff-parkinson-white-syndrome.I was told i will need a operation but i have search and different method have come up ? Anyone been treated for this syndrome ? any got some useful tips or help i can run off ? Any questions i should ask ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My daughter, 10, had a radio frequency ablation in May 2015. The procedure itself went fine. It is very scary, everyone has a different path so the diagnosis' and severity vary from patient to patient, but it is treatable. I am part of a Facebook support group and the members are from all over the world. Everyone is very helpful, quick to answer questions, and boost your confidence. My advice is find a good cardiologist that you trust and know that you don't have to settle on the first one you see. Good luck!!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

my daughter who is only 10 has just been diognosed with the condition. i dont know a lot about it myself as we only got told last week. i didnt know surgery was a option. everything i have looked up says it may go on its own or u may need medication. my daughter also has a murmur so if u or anyone else can help with the mur mur thing i would be grateful. i know its hard but try not worry cos that might start your heart off again. surgery will only be done if other methods dont work. they will try orher things first like medication. but one thing i do know is that the medication is for life. hope this helpskeep smiling wink
  • Posted

Hi, my name is David. I am a 29 year old male.

I had WPW ablation on 4-5. The surgery or procedure was a success and has a 1% chance of returning.

Prior to surgery I didn't have one symptom that directly relates to WPW. The reason doctors detected the WPW was because I complained of palpitations. 3-30 I had a physical/EKG and then surgery on 4-5. I can be honest and say I was very afraid/nervous. I was very thankful I had life insurance. After diagnosis and After the surgery my head would always feel foggy and I thought I was "losing it". Three days after the surgery, 4-9, I attempted to drive and had some sort of attack on the highway that brought me to the ER. Diagnosis, panic attack. The doctors credited the "foggy" to aniexty. 4-29 I asked my doctor a million questions and that seemed to put my mind at ease as I am no longer "foggy". I still get palpitations and it is so frustrating.

i pressume you have had your procedure by now. Please give an update and or send any questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.