Woops...could it be the glass of pinot grigio causing the palpitations?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This evening my family and I were putting up the Christmas tree and decorations, so my husband and I decided to open up a bottle of wine. I only had one glass and somewhat diluted it with watermelon juice (high in sugar).. this was around 7:15 p.m. It's now 10:15 p.m and I've been laying in bed trying to fall asleep but having heavy palpitations that woke me up. No bad dream...or any dream at all. We have our relaxation music on and I'm very comfortable (temperature, clothing, and bedding) Could it be the wine causing the palpitations right now???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, in all high probability it is. Wine will imbalance your hormones.
  • Posted

i had watermelon (without wine) and the palpitations would not stop for hours on end.  So I reckon a mix of both but the watermelon with its huge sugar content nearly sent me crazy with palpitations.  Not going to eat it anymore.  honeydew melon did not have the same effect
    • Posted

Wow. I've never been like this. Peri is really changing me...what I can and can't do...what I can and can't eat. Ugh. I'm not a big drinker but I love having the occasional glass of wine to wind down for the week OR day. The palpitations made me not sleep very well so now the kids are late to school and I'll be late to work. Never again.

• Posted

just longing for the day when I eat things I used to (within reason!) or have a drink without thinking what effect it is going to have.  I avoid most fruits these days because they seem to have the same effect as when I have sweets or a cake.  Sugar just seems to be a trigger during this awful time.  I avoid wine altogether since having one glass (a year ago now) made me feel so ill.  Thought watermelon would be ok, but no...  when I saw your post, I got it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.