Woozy feeling, fatigue, feeling dizzy 24/4 and panic attacks.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

For about 5 months I've been feeling depersonalized dizzy, fatigue, woozy, brain fog and anxiety. I got a MRI and couldn't get it done due to an artifact in my ear. I went to ENT and found a bb/pellet in my ear and got it taken out. 1 day after and still feel lightheaded woozy. Please help!!!!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I suspect it will take a little time for your balance system to adjust to the new normal. You will be fine

best,

linda

• Posted

I'd,say that you need to see ENT again. Firstly how was a bb pellet in your ear? It,could have caused damage. Go back to tour doctor!

• Posted

Hi Adrian,

I'm guessing you maybe put this pellet in your ear as a small child and it's been there ever since. These things happen more often than you'd think!

Did the ENT give you any advice, and do you have to go back for a follow-up? If they didn't ask you to go back, that would tend to indicate that they didn't think there was any serious damage.

I'd give it a few weeks for everything to calm down, unless of course things suddenly get very much worse.

I imagine your MRI will have been rescheduled to take place after removal of the pellet, so this will show up any serious problems.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Lily,

He did say to go back if symptoms did not subside. I was so scared when the MRI tech said they couldn't do the MRI because something was showing up. I guess my anxiety took over.

• Posted

Adrian, you don't have to answer this one, but I'm intrigued as to why you think the pellet got into your ear specifically about five months ago. I mean, you'd have known about it, wouldn't you? I know things are quite often found in adults' ears (or even noses!) which have been there since childhood, but I'm still trying to get my head round how you failed to notice a BB gun pellet getting into your ear at the age of 28.eek

But like I said - you don't have to answer!wink

• Posted

It is quite understandable that having artifacts and BB's in your ear, would cause you problems.  Give it a few days, and stay away from artifacts and BB's. 

• Posted

Are all of the original symptoms still there or have they dimished to just the woozy lightheadedness now?  If there was something lodged against the ear drum it could certainly cause the symptoms that you mentioned and will take a period of time to resolve after the removal.  Any clue as to how the bb got into your ear and how long it was there?  Did you not experience any change in hearing in that ear during the time that it was lodged in the ear canal?
    • Posted

Well today will be the 2nd day since removal. I believe it was stuck in my ear canal and the symptoms started around 09/2016.Symptoms are dizzy tunnel vision, fatigue, unbalanced which escalate to panic attacks. Some brain fog. I suspect labyrinthis but I will schedule another appt with ENT in a few weeks if symptoms don't subside.As to how it got in there I am clueless. This has made me depressed because of the fact that dizziness wouldn't go away. I got lab work back when symptoms began and everything came back fine except for high uric acid levels. By the way I am 28yrs old.

• Posted

I also forgot to mention that while I had that thing jammed in my ear I did not feel any pain only a few times when my ear would ring for about 1 minute then go away.
    • Posted

I suspect your balance system got used to having the best in there and now it has to get used to having it gone!
    • Posted

I feel sure that having it lodged in there has something to do with your symptoms.  It may just take several weeks to see improvements.  I know that my ENT said that I had ear wax on my ear drum once and that it could cause dizziness and equilibrium issues.  The tunnel vision is a head scratcher for me though.  Do you ever experience migraines?
    • Posted

No migraines more like a unreal and unbalanced not being able to focus feeling. It's horrible!!

• Posted

Me too i have no migraines just dizzy my body is shaking and weak i feel like i have a serious illness and my heart beat so fast is that really only anxiety im really worried 😭

• Posted

If you think you're suffering from anxiety attacks, the first thing to do is get checked out by your GP (that's your general or family doctor if you're not in the UK) just to make sure there's nothing physically wrong.

You need to exclude a physical cause first, but all the symptoms you're describing could be caused by panic attacks or hyperventilation. Hyperventilation is when you breathe too deeply and too fast during periods of anxiety, but totally without realising it. It temporarily upsets your body's electrolyte balance, causing dizziness, shaking, rapid heart beat, numbness or pins-and-needles in face and hands. I know about this because I used to do it myself sometimes when I was young. It's completely harmless, but makes you feel really rough.

Get your general health checked if you haven't already. If nothing is found, you need to trust your doctor and start addressing your anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.