Work

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anybodys pain stop them from going into work? Im having odd days off at the moment but feel as though my employer does not believe me. The pain is so intense somedays. I am still waiting for my operation. Many Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The problem is Lewis that unless you have experienced a hernia, you just dont have a clue about the problems it can cause; to be honest I did not have a clue until I gained an incisional hernia.

Hope you can sort things with your employers, and that you get your repair soon take care.

• Posted

Yes carole an incisional hernia and I had it repaired just over a year ago in Edinburgh.I have 2 scars one from just under my abdomen covering the full length of my abdomen and the other runs horizontally from the sides of my hip bones across the bottom of my abdomen, my muscles have been pulled back to where they should be and I have 72 square inches of mesh in my abdomen.. The op was for hernia repair and abdominoplasty to repair my abdomen I have had 4 previous abdominal ops.  A bit of a veteran when it comes to abdominal surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.