Worried..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently waiting for my CT scan appointments but I had realized that my lower left abdomen had start to protrude instead of the whole stomach. Is this normal??

My previous ultrasound scan result says that there is a heterogeneous mixed solid mass that is arising from the pelvis and it's 18.0*20.1*10.1cm. Does it relates to this? Currently I am 22 years old.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you are worried (and waiting) I would see your doctor and ask if he could 'Red Flag' you. Mine did that for me (his idea). They saw me in  a couple of weeks not a couple of months. It turned out to be nothing to worry about. But I found out sooner rather than later. Have you had any blood tests?
    • Posted

Because previously it's not that obvious that my left abdomen are protruding its more of the whole stomach. Just did my blood test few days ago. Will only know the results on 13/06 together with the CT scan results. >< >
  • Posted

My right hand side is protuding more also, even though my cysts are on both sides. 

It's such a worry isn't it. 

I hope you get good news.

• Posted

Thank you maryvee. I had went to get my CT scan and the doctor actually did not mention anything with regards to the protruding abdomen. But he did say that my mass is actually pretty big and it's actually affecting my kidney and intestine.
    • Posted

what happens next, are they going to operate on it?
    • Posted

Yup! Since it's actually a pretty huge mass doesn't matter if it's benign or cancerous they are just going to remove it.
  • Posted

Very normal!  I had a 13 cm cyst removed 3 weeks ago.  My doctor said that's like being 4-5 months pregnant.  It has to go somewhere!  I found my "bulge" varied day to day.  You'll be pleasanty surprised to see your bulge go away after surgery!
    • Posted

Hey Bailey! Thanks for your reply!! I am so looking forward for it to be gone then! ^^

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.