Worried.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi new here Dani 27 year old female.

I have drank nearly daily for 3.5 years, Jim Beam from 6 - 14 cans a day.. GPS has tested liver and kidney, Liverpool a tiny bit high but maybe fatty liver he said.

As I have gained so much weight drinking.

Latley i have had some breast and cheast pain and worried I will have a heart attack or stroke. Has anyone else drank this much for so long or had any pain?

Thankyou. PLAN TO GO COLD TURKEY AND BE SOBER FOR LIFE.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

• Posted

Don't go cold turkey if you are getting very shaky when you try to stop drinking. Sudden withdrawal without medical assistance can kill you. See your GP.

• Posted

I really hope taht you can quit..Life is so much better.

On that note..I really hope I can stay quit...because life is so much better.

As far as you having a fatty liver? I tend to think many symptoms go away when we put down the drink.  You are young to have very much impact on your system due to drinking..it is probably all temporary IF you start taking better care of yourself.

The pounds will drop off quickly if you quit drinking since you probably have a lot of water retain due to drinking.

There is nothing but positive results when we stop drinking.

And I hope you find a way to quit for yourself...and for those that love you and want you around for years to come.

• Posted

Thankyou. I just don't know what ill do.i come.home from.work and drink will be strange for a while but I can't continue drinking everyday i have a 3 year old i want to see growup and see his kids and there kids.

• Posted

You can Missy you can do this. So many are here for you and know how much and how hard you work to be free and get your life back! 

You are an Inspiration for many and have been here for everyone! 

You will RISE! biggrin

(((hope4cure))))

• Posted

I hear you on that Dani, been on a glass of vodka daily for quite a few years. Although I cut down now. But recently quit smoking so I've been back on drinking a bit. Been having flu like symptoms from time to time cause of alcohol intolerance. Chest pain yes, went to the ER once and they tested the heart etc, was sent home the same night after I sobered up.

Cutting down is important, cold turkey is dangerous as others mentioned. Best of luck to you.

-Jason

• Posted

That is how I did it. I drank  2 bottles each night for a while untill I got worried and dropped half a bottle off then the other half bottle off.  And so on until down to two small glasses a night.
    • Posted

Sorry havnt been online, i stooped drinking for a few days then went back to it going to be trying again tomorrow sad

• Posted

Good luck to you. I am also trying to get over my drinking habit. I;m planning on going to some AA meetings when I get back.
    • Posted

danielle..just never stop quitting.

You will eventually reach a point where you win....Its when we stop quitting that there becomes less hope.

I wish you the best in your quit today..give it everything you have...eat properly (very important) and drink lots of fluids..water/juices.

Take a walk if possible...Fight the fight and everything will be alright!

• Posted

Thankyou smile sorry it takes me ages to reply i live in australia x

• Posted

That's great! I think going to AA meetings is the right decision for us. And never give up just like Missy2 said, everything will be alright

• Posted

Spoke to my go today and got some help, hoping i can do this its just the routine that worries me .
    • Posted

Valium thiamine and vultimitamins. Flush myself out with water fruit and veg!
    • Posted

wonderful...Valium will help the withdrawal and so will the rest right...its just the valium helps what you feel and the vitamins help the organs (super important...lol)...So good job.

How do you feel?

• Posted

Hey! Danielle, How are you doing? I had to skip my AA meeting because I flew to Korea for a Vacation.
    • Posted

your welcome and how are you doing with the Valum and the vitamins and not drinking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.