Worried about herpes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

So 9 weeks ago I had a lapdance in which the dancer was completely naked and I was fully clothed. The dance lasted around 20/25 minutes and during this time I touched her body all over and also touched my own genitals a few times. I experienced slight fever 5 days later and went to doctor who saw nothing to be wrong. I ordered iGG specific blood tests 4 weeks after the dance and they cam back as follows: HSV1 1.38 and HSV2 <0.50. i again ordered these after 8 weeks with the same results only a slight decrease in hsv1 to 1.35. i have experienced tingling mainly in my groin on and off for the past 4/5 weeks. i have no lesions in my genital area only a rash on my foreskin which doctors do not believe to be herpes related. do people think my situation was high risk and also what degree of confidence should i have in the 8 week negative test for hsv2? thanks i="" again="" ordered="" these="" after="" 8="" weeks="" with="" the="" same="" results="" only="" a="" slight="" decrease="" in="" hsv1="" to="" 1.35.="" i="" have="" experienced="" tingling="" mainly="" in="" my="" groin="" on="" and="" off="" for="" the="" past="" 4/5="" weeks.="" i="" have="" no="" lesions="" in="" my="" genital="" area="" only="" a="" rash="" on="" my="" foreskin="" which="" doctors="" do="" not="" believe="" to="" be="" herpes="" related.="" do="" people="" think="" my="" situation="" was="" high="" risk="" and="" also="" what="" degree="" of="" confidence="" should="" i="" have="" in="" the="" 8="" week="" negative="" test="" for="" hsv2?="">

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Did you touch her genitals too? Herpes is most of the time spread by skin to skin contact, meaning genital to genital. But there is a minimum risk in another situations.

In my personal case I acquired it with no intercourse, I touched his genitals then touched mine. It was not a light stroke, moré like mutual masturbation.

I took the igg Elida test and had negative results at 2,4 and 6 weeks it essential until my 9th week post encounter that I had a positive.

I think your chance of having herpes is very low. I suggest you test again at 12-14 weeks just to make sure your still negative.

• Posted

No never touched her vagina only groin and hip area I think. Having severe anxiety at the moment about this incident. I plan to take the test again at 12 weeks and if negative do you feel I should accept the results then?
    • Posted

yes I think that at 12 weeks it should be a conclusive test, or you can wait until 14 weeks and take the western blot test which is said to be the gold standard.

But if you have no breakout and the Elisa test at 12/14 weeks is negative,

I think you are pretty safe.

• Posted

The western blot isn't available in the UK where I live so will hve to trust the 12 week test.
    • Posted

What is the groin area considered to you on a female, being our genitals cover the entire groin area? Herpes can be anywhere in the anogential region. That means from your lower back all the way to the lower pelvis area and upper thighs... You'd be surprised how sneaky this little b@stard of a virus is.

Typically it's 4 months recommended, until your body can produce antibodies. Have you had cold sores before?

I'm going yo assume you are in the states, because of the strip club situation?

• Posted

Sorry for bothering you again but just wondering if yiu had specific scores at those dates? 
    • Posted

No problem at all, I do have them, I'll look for them and write back to you
    • Posted

Test results

encounter January 30

1st test

date02/12/15

Igg 0.18 (negative)

2nd test

date 02/26/15

igm - negative

igg 0.18 (negative)

3rd test

date 03/16/15

igg 0.19 (negative)

4th test

date 04/03/15

igg 2.13 positive

• Posted

Thanks for that newcase even though it freaked me out your values were so low to 6 weeks! I panicked last week and took another test at 9.5 weeks and should receive results Monday, don't know what I will do if positive.
    • Posted

Hi Sean

Yes it was a big jump from 6th to 9th week, but all that time I felt symptoms, tingling in my thights,burning and a lot of discomfort I couldn't sit for long periods of time. I knew something had to be wrong even if my treat were being negative.

Have you had any symptoms?

I still feel that by the way you described your encounter that you don't have it.

Please let me know your new test results when you get them.

• Posted

Ya have had thing,ing in my buttocks and right thigh on and off. Seems to get worse when i am thinking about it so not sure if some of it is in my head! Have you been with your regular partner a long time?
    • Posted

Yes we have been together 10 years.. I felt really bad for what I did. I even tought about separating before telling him the truth, but then I told him and he was supportive.

Is there any chance you can ask the stripper if she has herpes or if she is willing to take a test (if you pay for it)

This might help to give you peace of mind.

• Posted

That's great that he is supportive. I don't know how I will tell my partner if I am positive. It happened in another country so don't have any access to talk to her.

Not knowing is so frustrating. Any idea how accurate 9.5 weeks post exposure is? Looking for any reassurance I can get!!

• Posted

Got the results of 9.5 week test:

HSV1: 1.12

HSV2: <0.50

gives me some more confidence again, will prob test again at 12 weeks. gives="" me="" some="" more="" confidence="" again,="" will="" prob="" test="" again="" at="" 12="" weeks.="">

gives me some more confidence again, will prob test again at 12 weeks. >

• Posted

Ok so did another test at just over 11 weeks and results just came back:

HSV1: 1.62

HSV2: <0.50

beginning to actually believe the results now more than before. how confident should i be in this result at just over 11 weeks? beginning="" to="" actually="" believe="" the="" results="" now="" more="" than="" before.="" how="" confident="" should="" i="" be="" in="" this="" result="" at="" just="" over="" 11="">

beginning to actually believe the results now more than before. how confident should i be in this result at just over 11 weeks?>

• Posted

Pretty confident... Won't hurt to to take it again at the 6th mark month.. It's not rising at all either
    • Posted

I think your pretty much in the clear,I agree with feel broken regarding the 6th month test.

I wish you the best of luck and in the future be careful specially if you have someone you care for. smile

• Posted

Decided to do 14 week test and again negative for HSV 2 with score of <0.50. think i can finally move on and believe that if i am to have genital herpes its hsv 1! which i feel is not the end of the world, just very relieved negative for hsv 2. also had swab done on a rash and a spot within 24 hours of them appearing and they both vcame back negative, thanks for your help and advice! 

believe me i will never put my partner at risk of anything in the future think="" i="" can="" finally="" move="" on="" and="" believe="" that="" if="" i="" am="" to="" have="" genital="" herpes="" its="" hsv="" 1!="" which="" i="" feel="" is="" not="" the="" end="" of="" the="" world,="" just="" very="" relieved="" negative="" for="" hsv="" 2.="" also="" had="" swab="" done="" on="" a="" rash="" and="" a="" spot="" within="" 24="" hours="" of="" them="" appearing="" and="" they="" both="" vcame="" back="" negative,="" thanks="" for="" your="" help="" and="" advice! ="" believe="" me="" i="" will="" never="" put="" my="" partner="" at="" risk="" of="" anything="" in="" the="">

believe me i will never put my partner at risk of anything in the future>

• Posted

That's so great and am so happy to hear! So yes get on w your life now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.