Worried about numbness, pins & needles and uncontrolable shaking.

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 5 months ago I noticed my right foot was slapping the ground as I walked, then I started getting numbness and pins and needles in my foot which over time moved all the way up my leg to just below my hips. I also find it hard to concentrate/talk/think of words at times. I've seen a neurologist who has ordered an MRI of the head and spine and a nerve conduction test and blood test next month. However 5 days ago my right arm started going crazy at work, I couldn't hold my mouse as it was jumping up and down so much. I went to the doctor again and then casualty but they said they cannot do anything until the tests are done. I had a cold bath and syptoms weed to go (it has been very hot weather at the moment)  I feel like I'm going mad and am really worried! Any thoughts or advice?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

BTW, I also suffer from depression and have been on tablets for around 9 months.
  • Posted

Hello, well I've seen some replies on here that say anxiety can cause your symptoms and you'll know because you're on here that they sound like MS. I can only say you need to do some deep breathing meditation to help you calm down. Ms is scary yes, however you can live a full life with it and a long one. You need to be kibd to yourself. Heat affects Ms but then it usually affects people who have had a while. Is it possible you've had other symptoms but minor? Either way you would benefit from counselling. It's easy to say stop fretting and I wouldn't say that to anyone, however try find something else to focus on and distract you. Good luck ??????

• Posted

Hi Bic, thanks for the reply.  The main symptoms are the ones I listed but I have had other intermitent things like blurryness and seeing spots (not after looking at bright lights). Also had a wierd sharp pain a couple of times in the left hand side of my face. And yes I need to calm down, just can't help worrying as I'm in my early forties and have never felt these things before :-( I will try and do some deep breating as suggested :-)

• Posted

Hi Andy male or female? I get dry eyes which cause problems when using a computer etc and use viscotears. I get sharp pains too. The later you get it the better, 40 is young but not for ms hit to go 🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.