Worried over lumps

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have recently found a movable lump on my neck which is just under a inch large and a lump that has appeared behind my left ear just under 1/2 inch which is hard, some what immovable and very painful. I find that it is Painful for me to turn my head to the right. I'm not sure how long the lumps have been there for I only noticed them yesterday, but I have no other symptoms of headaches or night sweats and I do not have any infection that I am aware of.

Are these just my lymph nodes up or is it something else?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Probably a good idea to go to the doctor and have it checked by an expert.  Hopefully,it will  just

be enflamed glands for some reason . . My husband had lymphoma, and there were never any painful lumps . . but get it checked out whatever it is.

• Posted

Hi. I found lumps behind my ear which turned out to be stage 1 non Hodgkin's disease. But, and this is important, if the lump is painful, which mine was not, it is far less likely to be cancer. So, the chances are that the swellings are likely to be something other than cancer. But, should it happen to be something malignant treatment is better now than it has ever been, with very good success rates. Either way you MUST go to your G.P. and find out. That will either put your mind at rest or, worst case scenario, allow you to receive treatment having found it in the early stages. So get that doctors appointment made and the very best of luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, I've noticed that it has grown a bit bigger could it be a cyst?
  • Posted

Hi Kate,  I had a cyst removed at the end of April,  from just below my right ear, roughly on the jaw line.  As everyone else has said, get it checked out.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hey Kate,

Short answer, just lymph nodes fighting infection (hence the pain). If you have a look at the discussions on my profile i go into alot more detail, nothing to worry about!

• Posted

Without a doctors examination no one can know for sure what these lumps are, especially from a message on a website. So I would say, with respect, that it is a little foolish to say that it's nothing to worry about when only a doctor can say that for sure. I would stress that it is important to get these lumps checked out by a qualified doctor, who could well say they are nothing to worry about but at least you will hear it from someone who is expert in the field. Go to the doctors.
  • Posted

I had a lump in the Parotid (saliva) gland in this area.  I was quickly referred for a simple ultra sound aspiration to ascertain whether it could be malignant. Mine was begnign but as it was growing quite large it was removed at day surgery.  Worth checking for the peace of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.