worried with symtoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant normally healthy although prone to colds ect I have had depression and anxiety quiet badly these past years due to unexpected things and traumas ect .

My symtoms are a dry cough I cough even though they is nothing to cough up I've only just realised I've been coughing for ages and I don't know if it's out of nervous habit due to my previous anxiety depression I have sharp chest and rib pains mainly right rib most days nearly everyday to be honest and started having major dizziness and near passing out episodes I thought I was down to anemia but tests show I'm fine with my bloods count I Googled tonight because I have white patches on my gums and was little freaked out as I'm a health freak with my mouthI thought I'd Google this cough aswell because I was walking today and felt I was choking even though I wasn't I don't want to sound the average hyoercondria because I'll be honest I am but this is now something that's really worrying me should I go to doctors ? Does it sound as if it's possible ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh also I have a app on my phone that does heart rate and oxygen levels and my oxygen levels are normally 99-100 but for the last week's it's been anywhere from 81-96 no higher
  • Posted

Hi Steph,

Well, I am no doctor so can only give an opinion based on my experiences and I have never been pregnant (men eh! ) so can't say what that feels like.  Your symptoms do not sound like the ones I had when I had my PEs, so I doubt it is PEs and at nearly 7 months pregnant, I would just be sleeping and groaning.....

I would pop down to the doctor to get checked over anyway, just to put your mind at rest, then put your feet up and enjoy the peace.

Good luck with the baby!

Peter

• Posted

Thanks Peter ! Made me feel alot better I'm trying to get a appointment for today hopefully will be able to fit me in 😊 I feel silly but then I feel it's something I need to get checked for thanks again and sorry to hear you had pe hope all is well xx
  • Posted

Hi Steph, I agree with Peter, best to get it checked out for peace of mind. You shouldn't have to put up with a regular cough though. I think the test performed at the doctors for clots (a D Dimer) is affected by pregnancy and it isn't that accurate anyway so it's not going to be easy to diagnose.

pulmonary embolisms are rare and there is a greater likelihood that it is,something else but get it checked.

It is an important time for you to feel well mentally and physically so don't worry about seeing your doctor too often.

good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.