worrying about health is making me go crazy!

Posted , 4 users are following.

about a year ago i went to the emergency room because of chest pains.  heart was ok, and told it was probably acid reflux.  well since then, i've had ct scan and endoscopy and several ekg and multiple blood tests and whatnot, and everything says i'm normal. i've lost track how many times i've been to the doctors.

i'm 40 year old male by the way, and i never had anxiety or gone to doctors in my life until this all started.

google had convinced me i had all sorts of illnesses in the last year, from ulcers to colon cancer to diabetes to pancreatitis, vitamin deficiencies and whatnot.  now one of my legs has been randomly tingling and burning and some pain(started biking two weeks ago) and google has me convinced i have multiple sclerosis now.

i've tried lorazepam and it seemed to calm me down, but the withdrawl is horrible and i refuse to take it again.

doc then told me to take celexa, but that me me hyper.  it felt like i drank several energy drinks.  currently i just started bupropion, and the anxiety is still there.

i'm going crazy.

what the heck do i do?  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

try and avoid looking things up as it makes things worse for you.  Give the tablets a bit of time to settle with your body and work.
    • Posted

thanks for the reply.  it's just so tempting to look up symptoms, but you're right that i need to stop being Dr. Google.
  • Posted

First thing is stop googling diseases and such. Its wasting your time and playing terrible mind games with you. Google cognitive behavioral training. Google meditations and mindfullness. Google remidies and treatments for ocd or health anxiety. Pinterest is a fantastic app to get on. Wow they have treatment advice, meditations ..so much, Dr. Google sucks! 
  • Posted

Dont google stuff its a bad idea.

I have had all the test you have mentioned all ok its anxiety and acid reflux

Anxiety loves fear and you are feeding it.

You have to try therapy it teaches you how to cope

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

STOP looking on google I think google relating to health matters should be banned! this is an excellent forum for explaining your symptons and there will be someone or many on here who will be able to explain better than google. people on here are all going through the same thing as one another anxiety and or depression and will be far better equipped to explain your symptons as they will have experienced the same and be able to reassure you. you are not going crazy the mind is a very powerful tool and when fear creeps in will convince you of all sorts. also if you take your self off px medication its not a good idea with a lot espescially anxiety and anti depressants they are good when taken properly but can have nasty effects when not. hope this has helped

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.