Worsening Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if I could have some advice. 

Since I was 18 I've suffered a variation of symptons that have recently reached a peak and are getting rapidly worse. I've been to doctors since I was a child with unusual issues, at the age of 6 I got told by the doctor that I had a "hereditory" tremor, this was then followed by anxiety and depression.

Since then I've been experiencing numbness of any extremity when I use any joint, eg lose feeling in tips of fingers when playing guitar. 

Pain in joints

Sore skin to the touch, feeling bruised, but not bruised. Along with random stabbing needle like pains in various places.

Trouble with memory, my husband repeats to me constantly our plans for the week, I dont remember names well, with people, song names, artists etc.

Choking when drinking

Mood swings

Stumbling over words.

(This one is a bit personal) I cant quite call it constipation but trouble going to the toilet, like I can't push it out. And needing to pee frequently.

Recurrent thrush, in mouth and at times even on skin.

Increasing amount of allergies

Visual migraine symptoms, worsening eyesight. I've recently been given glasses after having perfect vision just 6 months ago.

Constant tiredness...

I feel doctors have ignored me for too long putting everything to my previous mental health issues, and actually making me feel like I'm crazy. But with it getting so much worse of late I'm certain something is wrong and would like to be able to explain to my loved ones why I'm struggling. 

I've done my research on MS and would very much like to know your opinion, if you have MS can you relate to these symptoms, or am I just mad?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your description sounds just like me. Everything from fatigue, mood swings, pins and needles, numbness in fingers, extreme muscle aching, difficult getting words out and choking episodes at various points in my life. All of the above was put down to anxiety and depression by gp for years. I asked to be referred to neurologist which I waited 7 months for and he has requested MRI scan . Not got results yet so still in the dark about it but what i would say is push your gp for referal to the neurologist as they seem to put everything down to anxiety and depression. Your gp is the gatekeeper to the referal for real answers
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply I hope you find the answers you're looking for x

• Posted

Please update me on any answers you get smile

• Posted

I hate when doctors make you feel like you are crazy and don't know what your own body is feeling!!! It's your body. You know! I have found a neurologist that listens and includes me in the decision making process about where we are going with my health! I hope you find a doctor that listens too. I also have trouble going to the bathroom and getting it out. I get terrible gut wrenching pains sometimes.

• Posted

Have you had an MRI or LP? My suggestion would be to ask for a referral to a Nuero.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.