Would and EKG show some kind of heart issue?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

I was recently diagoised with heart disease in which I have 3 clogged arteries.  I have to undergo bypass surgery.  My question is I had an EKG in August of this year and it showed everything was fine.  They even compared it to the EKG I had back in 2013.  Report says no change.  I never had a heart issue nor symptoms of any kind except I've been getting a trobbing in my collarbone of my neck for a year which I told my doctor about.  He didn't know what it was and left it at that.  I just dealt with it for the past year and now have this issue.

Shouldn't the EKG have shown something especially with 3 blockages??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As I understand it the short answer is 'No'. In 2013 I had an 85% blocked main artery which had not been identified by two ECGs I had undergone in previous 12 months including one undertaken straight after a stress test (using a running machine). After a spell feeling faint/dizzy took myself to hospital and was kept in for investigation but two mornings later my heart 'beat to a stop'. Restarted on its own and ECG's showed nothing. Was only when had an angiogram that the blockage was found and a Stent inserted. I assume your blockages have been identified via an Angiogram. Anyway know someone who had the bypass surgery and since has cycled over 1000 miles throughout France so hope it works for you. Sure it will.  

• Posted

British politician John Smith went hospital with chest pains. They did an ECG (EKG) and said that he was OK. He had a heart attack as he was leaving the hospital.

• Posted

ekg is a measure of heart function...how the atria and ventricles are working, how the valves are opening and closing, how the blood is moving through the heart.

cardiac arteries deliver oxygen and nourishment to the heart muscle itself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.