Would you give up your left hand to be Meneire's free?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'd need a few weeks to think about it but I beleive my answer would be yes. 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Dear Pupper,

Let me try the Betahistine that my doctor rescribed before I give up my hand! it is very tempting though!

• Posted

SO HOW IS IT ? THAT'S WHAT IM ABOUT TO RECEIVE I HAVE HAD INJECTIONS

• Posted

I won't get my meds for another week and a half so I will post something within the next month or so.

• Posted

After this terrible summer I would think about it!
  • Posted

Try cinnazine it's better than beta histamine. I had a friend who suffered 17 years. You can get it from the chemist or doctors. Works better than anything else I've tried. It's not just a travel sickness tablet it's also used to treat mennieres. But I know how you feel it's a horrible condition. Don't chop your arm off just yet.

• Posted

Hi Liz, Im interested in your reccomendation regarding cinnazine, did your friend take it during attacks or was it taken like betahistine ie all the time to prevent attacks? and what was the daily dose, thanks
    • Posted

Hi peter

my friend took beta histamine but found like me after nearly a year it didn't do much. I think sometimes we all have similar symptoms but didn't causes. Her ENT told her to start taking 2 a day see how she felt and increase if necessary. She done this for a year then went to one and then half twice a day and now nearly a year on takes them only if she needs them like travelling or a cold. Have to say from my 3weeks being on them I take one a day and this half in morning then evening. I also take vertifree a herbal one too. Drink plenty of ginger and lemon and exercise and I'm getting so much better. NO tablets should be taken  long term so cut down and see how your body adjusts. My doc did say it's ok to take these long term in a small dose. 

• Posted

How did this turn into a betahistine discussion?  I'm talking about the loss of a hand.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.