Would you report your Dr?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm trying to decide if I am just angry or if my complaint is legitimate...and I think it is legit...but once I complain I will lose the best therapist in the world.

But maybe not...I don't think retaliation would be in her best interest either.

So, I drank...she discontinued my benzo immediately...Ok, we talked about it and she agreed to give me back 1 per day.

But, she was SO focused on that she never discussed potential "major" drug interactions with other new medication she was prescribing to me.

I have been reading about "reasonable" care and patient rights to know drug interactions and she is totally wrong and I could have died.

The only thing stopping me from reporting is that I want to see a counselor she works with...but I think there is one more prescribing Dr. in that office building.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

report her for what im all confused with what you feel she did wrong.
    • Posted

Thank you liz i read it. Had no clue. I would not ever see that "therapist" again.i wouldn't trust her. who knows what she wrote in your chart. They tend to cover their own errors. It won't play out peacefully if you report her that i am positive. You can tell your own regular doctor what happened. I feel for you now the trust level is down the drain and this was to be your avenue of healing. Perhaps it might be best to leave that practice all together and maybe you will like the new one. You have to have trust for your own healing. You know what im saying. What a shame. 

• Posted

Oh..I wasn't clear...part of my syndrome probably!

So this Dr. was notified that a medication she was prescribing had a "Major" interaction with medication I was taking.  She decided to keep me on it...which is FINE IF she had done perodic checks to see how I was feeling.

If she had asked me pointed questions about symptoms...but she never told me I could have potential side effects if mixed with my other medication and she never gave me any other options of switching to something else.  Even when I told her that the drug in question was not working for me...ALL she did was raise the concentration of the drug...which ultimately led to me having a reaction which I think felt SEVERE...although it is listed as mild to moderate.

• Posted

Look some of these people stink! Where i live and actually my insurance forces you to use one pharmacy. They automatically do drug interactions before dipensing any medications and since its one pharmacy only (all computer connected if use a different location but same pharmacy) interactions are regualary caught and stopped. I like that. Otherwise always manually check the drug interaction. I wouldnt see this person, i wouldnt trust her and id leave. Not worth making trouble they have a way of making it backfire on you, you dont need that in your life youre there to get calm. This has sabotaged your proper care. Id say leave the whole practice now. You might love the new one you choose. You never know. 
  • Posted

Hi Missy! Good to know i was able to read your post about the "contraindication" thing yesterday so i can understand where this post is coming from. If i were on your shoes, i would report that malpractice right away. It nearly caused you your life. You have to do it, not just for yourself but also for the benefit of the other future patients that your Dr would be handling.

And...it is not retaliation, it is doing what is right. But whatever your decision is, just make sure you keep hold of yourself...stay calm, otherwise anxiety sets in again. Good day missy!

• Posted

I fired a doctor recently for telling me I could just stop a med. My reaction to thatfrown was what drove me to this site. It was a beta blocker blood pressure med. I had changed meds often with no problem, so I did. I didn't know it was a beta bocker and what going cold turkey would do.

A year before, another doc prescribed a medication that the pharmacist warned me about when I picked it up. Sure enough, he was right. (It was my regular pharmacy, so they had all my drug info) I fired her. I did report both. The first one was glossed over with....she's new. You don't want to know my response to that, and the moderator would wipe out this post.

The second report was taken more seriously.

Now, I don't care who gives me a med, I do my own homework before I put anything in my mouth. A nurse recently told me to stay off google because I was scaring myself. My response was, I am saving myself. Everyone,.....everyone can have a bad day or make a mistake, but not on me.

In your case, since you admire her so much, think about telling her what you have told us. You might be surprised at her response, then again you may walk out still convinced to drop her, and perhaps report her. The tricky part is... might they do the same to someone else who might not survive.

I don't know if this will help at all, but I wanted to give you my experiences. I know you will do the right thing. Do remember, to a great extent we are our own health advocate. Ultimately; it is you that you need to take loving care of dear Missy.

• Posted

Its not her I admire at all...I hate the witch.

It is the team member she has that provides the counseling.

This witch only sees me for 15 minutes a month and all she says is YES and NO...she is of zero help to me.

I'm afraid thou dropping her will have me lose the counselor.

But, thinking about this....that would be retaliation on HER part and I don't think that is acceptable either.

• Posted

Missy, I have recently realized a most important thing. If I need to make a decision, I take all possible consequences , good or bad, off the table. Then I sit quietly and ask, "What is the right thing to do?" It stunned me the first time I did this....the answer came slamming back to me, very clearly, and immediately.

I had and still have absolutely no regrets in the action I took. As a matter of fact, it seemed that I was "shown" what would have happened if I had not heeded that answer. If I had not taken that "answer", the result would have haunted me the rest of my life.  Now I do it with all decisions I am unsure of. Amazing!!

• Posted

Thank you cia....I have contacted the Medical Board and the Facility....with good results.

I told the facility I want to stay within the facility but I don't want that Dr.

And I a meeting with the "Medical Director" on Monday.

I just left the hospital where they prescribed me medication for the withdrawal.

I am happy about that decision.

• Posted

I'm hoping my actions have made it so this particular facility will make their process more robust so that what happened to me does not happen to others or to ME again.

• Posted

Hooray for you Missy. knowing you made the right decision brings peace, doesn't it, dear one?

• Posted

Yes and also a little "Gotcha" moment - hate to say it...but this lady has been torturing me for 6 months...not listening...acting superior.

Nice to know she comes back from vacation today and finds out that I have filed a formal complaint..that as gone to the state and her Medical Director!

Thats what she gets...she should be focusing on the interactions with peoples medicine and not her opinion that people should not be on BENZOS.

I just left hospital and they prescribed BENZOS until I can get to the facility to see the Director on Monday.

They will fix the system now too...and it was cause of ME being brave enough to report their lack of a good process.  In this day and age...there is NO excuse for this kind of thing to happen.

• Posted

You have good reason to be very proud of yourself, Missy. I sure am proud of you.

Keep finding things to laugh about, and so will I girl.lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.