Wrinkled And Red Under Eyes

Posted , 5 users are following.

For about a year or so I have noticed I have been getting deep wrinkles under my right eye. It comes and goes but recently it has been so bad, to the point that it feels scaly and dry, and is now red. My doctor can't fit me in this week and I'm visiting my other half in the states next week. So I'd like to know if there's anything I can put on it?

I'm 33 so I know I'm at the stage where my body is starting to fall apart and wrinkles are inevitible. But I feel like this is not an aging thing and is possibly a hydration issue. I've noticed if I drink a fair amount of water it does fade a little...but not to the point where it isn't noticable.

Any help would be great!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you get enough sleep?  I can offer one or two suggestions, you look tired & I wonder how much time you spend staring at screens, I also wonder whether your eyes are dry [because of staring at screens].

The other possibility, is that you are sensitive to something in your washing powder [or whatever you use]  Manufacturers are always fiddling with ingredients & you won't necessarily know unless you develop a sensitivity/allergy.

Be wary of putting any creams on your eyes, just use them around your eyes.

You have mentioned water, so you are aware that you need to keep hydrated.

Enjoy your trip, don't worry & keep an eye on your screen time.  See your GP when you get back if you need to.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply!  I am not sleeping well at all lately. I've been getting 5/6 hours a night, completely broken up. I came off sleeping tablets for a while but I've had to come back on them. It's interestng you mention about screen time because when I'm not working (which is a lot since I'm unemployed right now) I'm in front of the computer or phone all the time I'm awake. I have hooked my computer up to my tv and because of limited space it's right in front of my bed so I'm literally a foot away from a 30 inch TV. As soon as you mentioned about my eyes drying up because of screens I thought that could be an issue. I've moved the tv so it's on the other side of the room so I'm not sat right in front of it and my eyes already feel less stressed, so if nothing else it's helped with that.

• Posted

Go to a chemist [are you in UK?] and ask to speak to the pharmacist who can take a look and maybe recommend something that will  help you while you are away. Take care with creams and ointments around the eyes and if you do use any,dont on any account get the cream in your eyes. Have you tried plain old Vaseline?  put a good amount on the area at night. This may be all you need.      Do your eyes "weep" at night? If so,it could be a reaction to constant wet and salty conditins.    

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! My eyes tend to be very dry most of the time so I dont think that my eyes being weepy is something that tends to be an issue. I believe I have vaseline so I will give that a go smile

• Posted

Hi Dekuscrub,

I use IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye...it covers and treats the dryness...You can order it on line.

I also like Argon Oil.

Have a fun, safe trip

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.