Writs pain in both wrists for just over two years, need help?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone...

I have had wrist pain in both wrists going about my every day activities for just over two years.

I think it started because i do alot of training in the gym, i have trained for ten years plus. I can only think i have worn my tendons down or something. It probably hasnt helped that when i have had tired or slightly sprained wrists ive carried on with my training.

Now i struggle every day with wrist pain and have completely laid off my gym training, i struggle to do house work and even squeeze out the sponge when doing washing up.

I have tried stretching them and taken some advice on different stretches and workouts from a Physio but it just makes it worse so im reluctant to do anything. I find i have to bandage them really well just to do the hovering now and its ruining my life.

Im guessing its Tendinosis, any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Leon

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot the mention i cant support my body wait on either of the wrists, pushups/pressup position is the worse and my wrist have become alot stiffer but as i mentioned im reluctant to start stretching them again...
  • Posted

Sorry to learn of your problems. not usually in both wrists but it would be worth while getting your GP to check you for De Quervain's tendonitis. He checked me in 2 minutes and correctly diagnosed it in one wrist and I had a 10 min operation and its sooooooooo much better now. At least get it eliminated if nothing else as it was extremely painful and in both wrists will be far worse I'm sure.
  • Posted

Hi....I have also suffered with this for two years. I can only empathise with you. It is the most acute, acidic relentless pain and causes depression. Mine just started when I was pregnant. I have had two steroid injections in each wrist which DO work and cause months of normality, however they do wear off and mine has come back with a vengeance. You need to see your GP and ask for a long term solution. I had another injection in my left wrist yesterday and so far it has not worked, usually takes 48 hours. If it doesn't I am going to camp out at the surgery and refuse to leave till someone fixes them! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.