Xanax-- never taken it, but will be taking 1 mg next week.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good evening,

I have never taken Xanax in my life. I haven't been on a plane in years and I have sever anxiety over flying. I will be taking 1 mg of Xanax before I get on a plane next Friday. Will this work? I'm afraid I will feel no affects from it or is 1mg a lot for Xanax? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mary

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

1mg is pretty high especially for someone that has never taken it. I would think half of that would be sufficient. My doctor prescribed me 1mg to take as needed for panic attacks but that was too much and I break them in half. It is highly addictive though but should be fine as long as you don't take regularly.

• Posted

Hi Mary

flying can be a traumatic experience for many people. It's not something I like too much either but try to think of the reasons WHY you are taking a flight .Is it to visit a relative or friend that you haven't seen in years ,or just to experience a new place and all that entails. Think of the wonderful memories you will store in your heart and I know this WILL help you overcome your anxiety.maybe you could consider taking a travel sickness pill instead of Xanax?these do help to calm you or a herbal substitute  like we have in the UK called KALMS these are both non addictive products. Whatever you decide please don't let the fear of flight overcome you, think of the lovely time you will have whilst away and let that be your focus it WILL help you and you WILL find you will relax more because of it. All the best with your trip dear post it on here and tell us how you enjoyed your visit  and conquered your anxiety You Can Do It ??????All the Best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.