Xanax or Alcohol PLEASE HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm ready to stop taking xanax and start back drinking alcohol This is my story I dranked alot before I had my first anxiety attact July 12 2016 I also had a bad hangover that day I went through the ER they gave me a ativan which helped at the moment and gave me 15 pills till I saw my primary care doc the pills made me feel worst my doc gave me xanax and citalopram I refused to take the citalopram but not the xanax so I'm not sure if that say was just signs of my hangover that would have faded away because I kept taking meds everytime I felt anxious I haven't had a drink since July 12 2016 but I really just want to start back I feel better when I drink and xanax prevents you from drinking which is boring I'm not depressed so I don't feel the need to take citalopram I just want to get back to my life I'm 27 no kids and just want to live and have drinks CAN SOME ONE HELP PLEASE I'M SO CONFUSED

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What pills were given to you! The alcohol will damage your liver unless u dont caresad

• Posted

No I don care the pills that were prescribed to me were celexa and xanax I don't take the celexa I only take the xanax but I want to stop taking xanax and replace it with alcohol when I feel anxious so you think it's a good ideal is what I'm asking

• Posted

Xanax and alcohol do opposites. Try not to drink! The booz will wake u up in the middle of the night
  • Posted

Hi Nelly - can you post this on the alcohol Forum, where you will get a lot more assistance.

Thank you.

• Posted

Xanax will help you to calm down your anxiety. Celexa has the chemical you brain need to control your anxiety and make you life normal.

Alcohol, caffeine, sodium, sugars... etc will increase your anxiety.

I don't know who told you, that drinking is life, some people have the wrong idea about enjoying and having fun in life.

Alcohol doesn't make you happy, the happiness is on you, is your decision to dance, smile, have fun without alcohol, be yourself.

27 years old, you should be thinking more and how to take care your health for the comming years, rather than drinking, and stop medication prescribed by a doctor, you think like my 12 years old son.

This forum is for people dealing with anxiety, we need help from others really bad, and would like to read some advises or personal experiences.

We had accepted our anxiety problem, some may need some help about their feelings and are scared.

Sorry to tell you but you are in the wrong forum, I was looking for celexa s sides effects and combination of celexa and xanax, I had some hopes here, but you just want to party.

Sorry again and thanks.

• Posted

Nelly, if I were you, I really would consider making appts. with a good therapist... I believe he/she could help you with the answer as to WHY you want to start drinking again... I am not criticizing you...I am sorry if it sounds that way... You ARE reaching out for help and advice... but this is a tricky subject... and you need a totally objective view point and advice from someone who can actually help you through this. Please...would you consider this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.