Xanthelasma i have the same

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have two of these marks one on each eyelid. i try without luck to cover them with makeup, but they are a different colour and it wears off. my docyor done a cholesterol test, and although slightly high he said it probably would not be the cause. i will not go down the surgical route as he told me they will come back. it is so embarrising, i hate them has anyone found anything to get rid of them or at least a makeup that stays on

any advise will be appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the exact same problem. They are so ugly. Once at work a co-worker told me oh your eyeshadow is all meesed up. It was the ugly yellow showing throuhg! I also had a cholesteral level that was a litle high 170 but not enough to be considered at risk or the cause. It may be your triglyceride level the actul lipid level in your blood or hormonal. Mine showed up when I turned 35. I have suffered for 2 years. I just started taking guggle. Its an herb. You purchase it at health food stores. It has helped alot they are shrinking!! You can also remove them non surgically by freezing them like you do a wart. Have docotor do it in office. Do not try yourself as your eyelid is delicate. I had the larger one on left removed like this and the smaller one on the right is going away with the guggle. My lipid level has reduced alot and the smaller ones on my left eye are disapearing. I hope this helps you. They are very ugly. I hate them too.
  • Posted

I have a huge one on my upper lid and one smaller one below. They appeared when I entered perimenopause. had my cholesterol tested and was cleared. I have tried the garlic method and it worked. They lightened some. The problem with this method is it is painful and your eye swells shut for days. because of this I was not able to finish but I am sure if I had pushed through and finished until the spots turned black and scabbed over (they way I was told to do) I am sure they would be gone. I am mustering up the courage to try again as they are getting bigger and makeup is not an answer anymore.
  • Posted

Have they since last year? Mine are big 1-2cm on bottom. A splat on upper lid and even a tad on outer corner. Like a bad dream. Anyone i see is surprised and want to cut it all up and one noted graft and complex and it would probably come back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.