Xenical Newbie 😊

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi!!

My name is Grace, I'm 30 and single mother to a beautiful 18 month old boy. Having struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, my doctor has just prescribed me with Xenical.

I started taking the tablets today and obviously no side effects to report 😂 I'm just looking for a bit of advice/info from people who have taken it before or other people who are starting to take it and we can discuss how we're getting on!!

I'm 5ft9 and 15st12lbs. BMI 32.

Feel free to reply with tips/questions, anything Xenical related!! I'd really appreciate it 😊

Grace Xx

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Grace welcome to the gang. There's a few of us on here who've been taking it for a couple of weeks so far & I for one think a support forum like this is really helpful cos doing it on your own takes a lot of determination & willpower.

If you have any questions etc just ask & someone will respond. I personally have lost 11lbs in 3 weeks but admit I've cheated a bit to see how far I could push it & what the results would be & believe me they aren't pleasant so I've learnt my lesson now. Why did I do it? Emotional eating triggers which I need to learn to overcome but now I know how much I suffered its really put me off doing it again which is precisely why I wanted the orlistat in the first place - to act as a deterrent.

Good luck & post as often as you need/like to xx

• Posted

Thanks so much for the response Cath!! I had considered doing a bit of cheating myself but having read some others experiences I'll try and stick to my plan 😂 11lbs in three weeks is so good so well done you, I hope see a difference in the scales like that!! I know it'll take time but I'm determined. My worry now is that I'm in work for the rest of the week and praying I'm not struck down with nasty side effects 😂

• Posted

You never know the threat if the side effects & being I work may mean you stick to it better! I find my working days harder as the walk from my daughter's pre-school to my office encounters a Pret, Friska, Subway, Philpotts, Greggs & a Starbucks all on the same street & the £2 Greggs breakfast deal calls to me every morning but I've managed to resist so far. My boss who I sit next to spends all day eating cos he's on dr's orders to eat more & another colleague is so infuriating I get really stressed out & it makes me want to eat. I succumbed last Friday & I really regret it. I think I may finally have realised that food does not solve the problem it just adds to it.

• Posted

I'll definitely have to resist temptation in work big time!! People always bring in treats they've made or it'll be someone's birthday so there'll be cake. I'm definitely an emotional eater as well so I'm trying to come up with alternatives, if I'm feeling crap instead of reaching for the junk I go for a quick walk!! There's a show over here in in Ireland called Operation Transformation, they do every January. Every day they have a meal plan and work out on their website. I've been doing the workouts the past two days and hopefully can keep it up!! Even this brief conversation with you has already lifted my spirits about it all, knowing I'm not in it alone makes a difference so thank you!!

• Posted

Just hijacking your post here! I am a mother of 3 and will be starting on Friday! 

I'm extremely nervous, but hopefully if I stick to very low fat everything will be ok. 

Good luck Grace and Cath xx

• Posted

Hijack away lol. I think a big part is knowing that you aren't alone & that there is someone out there to support & show you that they know EXACTLY what you are going through.

I've been watching a load of tv shows this month about losing weight & keeping it off, cutting out sugar etc. It's so hard when you're a mum. When I lost 7st before I was single & only had myself to think about so I could totally absorb myself in my new way of life. However I then caught glandular fever, got together with my partner & fell pregnant all within 9 months & since then I've put it all back on with an extra 2st :-( Now of course I have a beautiful 4yr old daughter who comes 1st plus a selfish partner who barely lifts a finger to do anything round the home/cook/wash up/anything with our daughter so it all gets left to me & being honest when he's at work at night I'd make myself feel better with treats. Now I know that the best way to treat myself is to feed my body the food it needs rather than what my mind or my heart wants.

I'm determined to make a success of this attempt to lose weight. It's hard & every day will more than likely be a battle but if I don't do something I'm, quite frankly, heading for an early grave & then my daughter will have no mummy. It's hard to admit to anyone including myself but its the truth.

Come on ladies lets do this & show our fat the door!!!! Xx

• Posted

Good luck I've been on this for 3 days no nasty effects as yet as I'm keeping everything low fat I am finding I'm urinating more 

• Posted

Welcome to the discussion Sue and mummaof3!!

I'm the same as you Sue, no nasty side effects yet but I'm only on day 3. Mummaof3 the more people involved the better, it's great knowing if I have any questions I can just ask here with no judgement. Cath I know how you feel, my sons Dad has decided(to him parenthood is a choice apparently 😂wink he wants no involvement so I feel like my life is just doing laundry, cleaning up the same mess or making food all day long!! I look forward to going to work now just for a break.

I'm dying to see if these tablets will work for me, I feel like I've tried everything at this stage!!

• Posted

Me too I can't wait to get weighed next Monday il put it on here what my first week loss is.

• Posted

I'm weighing in next Monday too!! Because it's the first week I'm not going to get too excited about it but even a pound or two I'd be happy with. A loss is a loss no matter how small!!

• Posted

Hi guys,

i just started today I have 5 stones to lose. I'm 5ft 9 and weigh 15st 11.

Although I haven't been to the toilet I've been farting all day lol

the GP just gave me the tablets and said take them 3 times a day and eat well and exercise, nothing about how much fat/calories to have.

• Posted

Hi India 😊

Looks like we have a pretty similar starting point and goal!! I wasn't told much about fat/cal intake either, just learning from here!!

It feels so strange saying this but I just had the first bit of orangey oil when I went to the bathroom 🙈 I actually got excited about it because I feel like that means it's working!!

I'm totally with you on the gas as well 😂

• Posted

How exciting. Hopefully we'll get to our goal weight soon.

• Posted

Awwww reading your last few posts ladies has made me smile - I too had a lot of wind the 1st few days & when I saw the Orange oil I remember thinking yay its working!!!

The thing is they say they don't work for everyone but surely if you keep to the 5g fat per 100g rule with no more than 15g fat per meal x3 a day plus 1 snack with no more than 3g fat then it should work? I wasn't told to count calories as I'd said I was going to try to stick to slimming world values & eat the free & speed foods (free are lean meats/fish/pasta/rice/potatoes/pulses & speed are most fruit/veg) which she was 100% in agreement with. Biggest advice was don't eat 'low fat' products as they are full of sugar & she'd recommend going sugar-free.

I haven't started exercising properly yet. Am supposed to incorporate 40mins a day even in 4 short bursts & I said I'd get my Wii fit out but am scared in case my person blows up cos I'm so heavy - I remember reading about a lady that happened to & it prompted her to lose weight but I'd be mortified!

• Posted

I'm also planning to join slimming world. I've heard good things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.