Xenical Newbie - PCOS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys , I'm a female in my late 30's. Always been overweight and always dieting !

I started Xenical today for the first time . I've also been on Celebrity Slim shakes the past week.

I have approx 100lbs to lose so I really need a good start.

I've got my diet under control and I'm going to up my physical activity this week.

I know everyone is different and I've got PCOS to throw in the mix but can anyone give me hope on this medication ? All I've seen in other forums is horror stories and people giving up !

Is 1lb a week loss too much to expect ?

Thank you all so much

😘

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun on my 1st week I lost 12 pound in 1 month iv lost 1stone 4 lb iv always been big answer tried every diet going this is only thing that help me I eat 3 healthy meals a day no snacking in between meals but going from one meal aday to 3 is big for me but it works out don't do much exsice but I'm managing to loose 2lb week so good luck we do post once a week with weight lost so that help to support one and other xxx

• Posted

Whoaaa that's amazing summer !! You must feel super ! Oh I'm feeling excited now xx

• Posted

Hi Shelly80,

Ive been on orlistat a month now and have lost weight i have also joined slimming world cus i wanted to make sure its going to work using both orlistat and slimming world i cant wait to go back tuesday to see how much ive lost i love it.

Hope all goes well for you and you manage to concour

This with the help of one 2 of the above.

Let us know how you get on please.

Irene85990.

• Posted

Oh Irene keep us posted that's very exciting !! It's such a hopeful feeling I bet ?? X

• Posted

Hello

No I dont think 1lb a week is too much to expect if you have your diet uder control and are exercising. Sometimes you'll probably lose more than that but 1lb a week is 52 lbs over a year and I'de delighted with that!!

So go for it. Good luck and keep going

smile

Teresa

• Posted

Teresa thank you soooo much !! When you put it that way it sounds so achievable xxx
  • Posted

Hi Guys ,

Thank you all so much for your replies this is very very helpful and having this group is just super. I'm feeling really motivated about it all this morning so thank you thank you !!

I'm getting married in 6 months so even though I see orlistat as a long term journey , to lose a dress size or two lol would be super ! I have my dress and it looks fab but I could always look better lol

Thanks guys and here's to feeling fit and fabulous !!

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

I've been taking orlistat for 6 weeks & have lost 1st 12lbs so far but to be fair I am HUGELY overweight & need to lose about 18st to be a healthy weight.

How did you find celebrity slim shakes? I tried them last week & thought they were horrible! I occasionally have slim fast shakes & I have a supply of diet now shakes too which are both quite nice & I actually enjoy them. I find them useful for busy days when out & about.

I mainly apply slimming world rules for my meals though - 50% playful of veg/salad with curry/bolognese/chicken/fish etc for lunch or dinner.

You have to find what works for you tho which is trial & error to a degree! Post on here as often as you like, most of us are here most days at some point or other for when you need a friend or have a question - good luck & keep in touch xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.