xolair Shots only last about 3 weeks at most.

Posted , 2 users are following.

lst shot of xolair lasted about 2 weks, 2nd shot did nothing at all. Dr. increased dosage from l50 mg to 300 mg, so 3rd shot lasted almost 3 weeks. Has anyone else had that experience. So upset when keeps coming back so quick.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy

Xolair 300mg worked great the first couple of weeks....I was very encouraged but I still had hive breakouts after that even after the 4th monthly injection so doctor stopped them as they were not working for me....sadly.  The doctor put me on Cyclosporine slowly up to 200mg then put me on Prednisone on a very slow taper then she will slowly wean me off the cyclosporine in hopes the hives go into remission.......I pray they won't come back.....we all do.

Keep us posted in how you are doing Judy.

hang in there!

Wendy

• Posted

tnx Wendy. I have been on Prednisone off and on for several months. Have not tried Cyclosporine. Do not like side effects of prednisone so hope to find something else. Did u have  any help while on xolair shots, like not breakouts for a few weeks?
    • Posted

Hi Judy

i only had help in the beginning shots with Xolair after 3rd shot my doctor started me on low dose of Cyclosporine to add to the Xolair just so I would break out less of hives....the Xolair didn't take away the hives after 3rd and 4th injection so doctor stopped them.  She upped the Cyclosporine and had to add prednisone with very slow taper......its been wonderful being hive free the past couple of months......just nervous of when I stop prednisone and go down on cyclosporine.........I pray for remission.  Evidently those that reveived Xolair..when they stopped, the hives came back a few weeks after stopping.....as they said Xolair is no cure.  I had hair loss also when on Xolair unless it was due to being on Xolair and cyclosporine at the same time.  When I stopped Xolair and was on cyclosporine and prednisone my hair stopped falling out.......thankfully.

What side effects do you have with Prednisone?

Wendy

• Posted

It appears I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria........most likely due to autoimmune.  I have have a tendency to stress in life unfortunately.
  • Posted

Hi

I got a shot of Xolair one a month for 4 month. It did work for me while a was getting one a month . However, the urticaria came back 3 weeks after my last shot. I also had secondary side effects such as: headaches , low blood pressure , tiredness Etc.

Once I realized that Xolair was not a cure but a continuous treatment I decided to stop.

I have not heard of anybody so far that has been cure with Xolair ( with my type of urticaria) so I figure it could be more dangerous the medicine than the urticaria.

What kind of urticaria do you have

• Posted

tnx daniela. I have autoimmune chronic urticaria. The xolair helps for a few weeks. So far I have not had any symptoms ur mentioning. I will be getting my 4th shot next week, hoping it will last longer. Not sure what to do if doesn't work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.