xxy and males with an Adam's apple

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since I dI'd not get adequate male hormones during puberty, I do not have a protruding Adams apple. Plus my voice is high pitched. I am sometimes a dressed as miss instead of mister over the telephone. I don't mind being addressed as a female, I assume it is probably due to my xxy chromosomes.

But it may also be a trait that occurs most often among gay men. But only about 5 to 10 per cent of xxy men are gay. Some are transgendered and most are heterosexual.

So having small testes means less male hormones. Without male hormones or diminished hormones, which may account that my adam's apple, did not not protruding out of my neck.

Does any other xxy male have this unusual trait.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi John, its not unusual for XXY's to identify in several genders,or none,indeed simply acknowledging that in itself will do wonders for your psychological health.

• Posted

I agree although I identify myself currently as a gay xxy male, at times I feel like I should have been female.As a younster, I wore womens clothes and physically bent.

my penis back as if I had a vagina.

Sometimes those feeling pop up every once in awhile. But I have never put on female clothes as an adult. I can find male clothing that feels like women's undergarments. I don't want to have surgery to correct my feelings to a woman.

I read somewhere that I might be pan gendered. Or a number of other indentities. But I am quite satisfied to engage in sex with another male. I have never had sex with women.

At age nine, I thought I should be a female but then at the library I found the word homosexual, so that is what I decided to call myself. Mainly because I was in love with the cutest boy in my class. But I grabbed him in a rough way that he feared me, from then on. But I had fantasies of being his lover, even at that age. Years later I acted on that urge. Even if is was with a stranger.

But now that I am older, I could care less what people think of me. Male , female or everything else.

• Posted

Yes testosterone is the hormone that causes  the larynx to grow, but not all men have a pronounced larynx.  If I push back the lose skin round my neck I can feel my larynx.  

Now you'd think that tiny testes automatically equates to  low testosterone in XXY teens and young adults, that seems to make perfect sense.  However, surprisingly, many XXY's when diagnosed have low normal testosterone and low normal is enough to bring about physical changes.  

Normal boys don't necessarily  develop a pronounded larynx at the start of puberty, some do some don't.  So it may be the amount of testosterone produced, or it may be the individuals  response to teastoterone that brings larynx growth about?     And yes the size of the larynx does seem to relate to the deepness of a mans voice.  I don't think low, or any, testosterone has anything to do with a mans sexuality though.  I think that's 1940's British medical prejudice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.