Yay! Passed my check!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I meant to post this on Friday, but have been wrestling with a computer issue...

I had my almost-6-month check up on Friday. I was worried about it because at my February check I was told the surgeon had not actually repaired the fracture which led to my surgery in the first place. I was warned that necrosis could set in due to the lack of blood supply and it could all still collapse.

Well, had my x-ray on Friday and it's all good. The doctor even said the fracture area is still alive and even seems to be healing. There is still a possibility of collapse, but he told me that if it happens it will be gradual, not sudden, which was a huge relief.

I can still feel the gadgetry inside and it does still often feel heavy. I do still get pain, particularly if I walk too much or otherwise exert too much. But I'm feeling pretty good these days and about to do some volunteer tour guide work which will have me on my feet for hours on end.

I now don't have to go back until early December, so am feeling confident!

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Aloha Belle - how wonderful you are alive & growing! And your positive attitude towards your volunteer work - fantastic! Please report in when you can.
  • Posted

hi belle. 

what a relief ... I am so happy for you -  

Just take it easy on the volunteer job in the beginning - keep listening to your body, okay ...

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Fabulous Belle! I can only imagine how relieved you must be. This is wonderful news.

So glad you feel well enough to volunteer, but I really hope you will pace yourself esp as you are dealing with more than just recovery from a THR.

But .... Yay!

L

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.