yeast infection in sputum?

Posted , 3 users are following.

yikes, no unusual bacteria in latest sputum sample taken last week, they did find some fungal yeast type thing so I have 7 days worth of something called Flucanazole to take, also mentioned the post nasal drip that was mentioned to me on here and as a result have some nasal spray to try, Fluticasone furoate, so fingers crossed this combo will help, if not back to square one, again! not sure but perhaps all the damn inhalers I'm squirting down my throat maybe contributing to this? oh what a life haha

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello David.  I notice that in the Medicines page of this Forum there is a reference to flucanazole with a detailed breakdown of effects, etc. BTW...which inhalers are you using?

Cheers,

Terry

• Posted

Hiya Terry, must check out that reference to Fluconazole that you mentioned, thankyou. My inhalers are Symbicort which I take X2 morning and night, also Ventolin as and when required, I do have Asthma to contend with so perhaps that has a bearing on the combination, caio for now, David smile
  • Posted

Hi David,

Hope this helps you. I have the same meds and it seems to help a bit.  I also had sinsus surgery last Dec.  This really did help get rid of my sinus issue.  Also, he has me use a nose rinse called, Wilson's Rinse. I believe this might be what is actually keeping it from running all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.