yellow skin colouring on foot

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi , I went to the chiropodist yesterday for a routine tidy up before sandal wearing summer arrives. She immediately pointed out a small area under my little toe on my right foot which appears to be stained yellow. It was not there 3 months ago when I saw her. She says it is not fungal just looks like a stain. I do not believe I have stood on anything and it is not painful. In fact I had no idea it was there. It will not wash off. Any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If she thinks it looks like a stain, perhaps it has come from one of your shoes, maybe it is a dye of some sort. It doesn't necessarily have to have started off yellow, to end up yellow!

• Posted

Thanks for that. I have looked at the shoes I worn in recent weeks but cannot see any areas that may have caused this.
  • Posted

Yes, it does sound like some sort of dye.

Sometimes the glue that they stick the lining into shoes can permiate through the shoe lining and stain the feet/toes.

Also the curing and dyeing process used in tanning leather can leave small patches of substances that are sufficient to taint the underside of the toes.

Clearly your podiatrist wasn't too worried about it, and therefore if I were you I would not allow it to trouble you, unless of course it morphs into something painful when maybe you should seek a further opinion.

At this stage I feel there is nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Thank you - it seems like a possibility. You are right, it ispainless and causing no problem other than the mystery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.