You should inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLAare you serious - is this a joke??

Posted , 2 users are following.

are you serious  - is this a joke??

this is in the buprenophine info section

First most have sold their car (massive prejudicial statement and stigmatizing generalization left in to show how easy it is for this to happen) and second how high would you have to be too call just so you can have your licence taken away.

Driving. If you use heroin or other opiates such as buprenorphine, you should inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). You are likely to be banned from driving. However, if you are on a supervised buprenorphine programme, you may be allowed to drive again subject to an annual review.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello fisst of all, Iam also in a bouprenorphine unit -I am from Greece - here in Greece you can drive  even you are in boup or methadone - but if in the UK is required ...i think you have to declare this 
  • Posted

This is no joke. I don't know where you are, but I have never been able to learn to drive due to being on Diazepam. My prescribing doctor reliably informed me that no insurer would cover me, no insurance equals illegal driving.

Sorry, it's probably not what you want to hear.

hanb

• Posted

I AM from the CAPITAL of POLITISM i said that in Greece is data that you have to be carefull while taking those meds -we do not have here special SERVICE FOR DRIVERS AND WHAT THEY MEDICATION TAKE 
  • Posted

im not suggesting that yo ushouold drive high...you are m issding my point.

H

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.