YOUNG AND RANDOM UTIS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 16, About three months ago, I got a uti and I got antibiotics and everything. It went away for awhile. Then right before I started my period and all during my period I had a uti and the antibiotics seemed to help again. A month after that, I got a uti and sure enough I started my period. Right now I am experiencing pulling and pressure in my bladder. It feels like my bladder muscles are pulling and just want to pee a lot. It doesn't burn when I pee and I have no blood. Im miserable!!!! I am sexually active but stds have been ruled out. I pee after sex, also wipe front to back and use non scented soaps. I do everything I can and they keep coming back! Could this be interstitial cystitis?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What antibiotics did you take?
    • Posted

I was on bactrim and macrobid. I went to the doctors today and they gave me more Bactrim and I bought some azo to help. I'm sure it will go away but I know dang well it will come back soon rolleyes

• Posted

Have you actually had a urine culture to determine what infection (if any) is present? It is detrimental to your health to take powerful antibiotics if the problem is actually not an infection. Bladder pain can have other causes.
  • Posted

I'd agree with Madge.  Are you sure it is actually a UTI?  Did they test your urine and do a culture?  It sounds a bit like it's something more connected to your periods like  increased sensitivity maybe.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.