Your opinion of the best supplement or/and homeopathics for depression.

Posted , 15 users are following.

I would really appreciate know what you believe are the best supplements/homeopathics for depression. (I know and agree that exercise, therapy, etc etc are all great...yes, they are ..) .but I really would like to know of your experience with the 'other things' too..such as the supplements... Thsnk you to all who answer. I appreciate it! smile

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have not found any homeopathic meds that work for me . Mabe others here have had better luck and vpcan share their experiences.
    • Posted

Have you found anything to help? Even from conventional medics? I am fighting a losing battle here
  • Posted

See a holistic or naturpath ND way more useful. There not really a one size fit all cure. They are good. I went for anxiety and a gut issue a long way back. They asks a ton of questiins and want full bloodwork as well.then they take it drom there.
    • Posted

I think personally its mindset involved and how you view the world and yourself making what any suppliment only effective to a point. Thats why i say a naturopath or integratted md but someone who can work with all of you and not just the body. You are more then cells of your body. Lord knows if we didnt have heirarchy of thought or this primitive fight or flight thing noone would have intense emotions one way or another. Thats my opinion. Theres a reason these chemicals go awry in the first place and unsure which causes what. Science has not figured it its so complex and there is no "thought" or "soul" scans available, so band aid treatments exist but some people have somehow recovered and they have books and such on it but its all overwhelming and holistic seems to be more encompassing on it all then the standard doctor or scientist that treats us as car parts. And they do a poor job becuase they cant fix or replace the defunct part anyway. Ooh i hope that doesnt sound cyncical all im saying is the healing needs to include the body, the mind and the soul. To honestly believe ot is solely a body thing leads most to run in circles. 

• Posted

Very nice explanation. Also I would like to include that some people have thing happen in their live that cause emotional and painful issues. The Heath of a loved one ot dealing with a sick family member.

• Posted

I do wonder if trauma actually spooks the soul if that's possible. New soul, old soul. You never know.  Maybe sometimes things can and do occur that are just an overload for our senses. Too much. And then i dont know what happens if the nuerotransmitter burns out or it opens the dna to release something  but something occurs that begins this. That moment where it begins. We arent born like this, genetics would be a predisposition not a definite. Something triggered it within every one of us. There are many paths that lead to this disorder.

• Posted

have you found a naturopath helpful in getting a cure for you.  I cannot take anti deps and need some help. 
  • Posted

Lisa Lisa,

That is a really good example of how life can effect many people. Even the strongest of people can be worn down with constant issues one thing after another for years. Things that we cannot control I have a son whom I love dearly. He has been in and out of rehab and almost died so many times I have lost count so many years has worn me down. 

As as you say we are all effected by certain things could genetic or a predisposition to something.

i sometimes don't hear from him for months. So many things have happen I can hardly emagine all he has been thru.

see my story about him on the link below on this forum.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/some-of-you-may-remember-my-son-was-on-life-support-562002

The above link is why my nick name is:

HOPE4CURE

• Posted

I want to thank you all for your replies!! I do agree that the soul/mind can cause, or even cure what ails us... Our attitude is all important... not like that of a 'martyr' thinking that you will suffer 'cheerfully and in silence'...that makes it worse...Cancer studies have proved that... But even though no one came up with naming any of the 'alternatives' --I was still helped by your replies by being reminded how crucial our belief system is and our mindset... Again, thank you, all of you. Have a good upcoming week!! smile

• Posted

There's several Homeopathic remedies that  are helpful for depression, the difference between Homeopathy and Supplements is that supplement are like Prescription, as in one remedy may lots of people. When you try a homeopathic remedy it has to fit you, mainly your symptoms. You could try a web search like " Homeopathy for Depression" and weed through what comes up.

I noticed on another post, that someone made a comment that alternative medicine was not real medicine, all I can say to that is, I use alternative remedies, and 25 years prescription free.

• Posted

I completely totally 100% agree with you.... I am not a worshipper of the AMA or Big Pharma.... and even though you have 'bad' apples on both sides of the fence, the alternative way is (to ME) the best way to go for MOST things....when I broke my shoulder I appreciated the orthopedic doctor! smile

• Posted

It depends on your depression, but here's a few good herbs to research for yourself, some maybe a little hard to find. Wild carrot, Scullcap, Valerian, Kava; Lavender EO; Aurum Met (mainly for dark depression, but helps all depression's, also helpful in high blood presser. If you can find a u-tube video on muscle testing, and are able to learn and understand it, (it's very important you can find a true positive and a true negative), is also a large benefit  to finding which remedies you can use safely. You can test yourself while in the store before you buy the product.

• Posted

Also on St. John's:

Some of the most impressive health benefits of St. John’s Wort include its ability to treat depression, improve mood swings, relieve anxiety, reduce the severity of pre-menstrual symptoms, ease addictive tendencies, regulate hormonal activity, prevent cancer, protect against viral infections, reduce inflammation, and soothe the nervous system.

It can cause some side effects such as trouble sleeping, vivid dreams, restlessness, anxiety, irritability, stomach upset, fatigue, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, skin rash, diarrhea, and tingling. Take St. John's wort in the morning or lower the dose if it seems to be causing sleep problems.

I'm not going to tell you St. John's is safe for everyone, but it's been in my medicine cabnet for over 20 years and I have included in some of my remedies. I 've never had a problem with St. John's.

• Posted

With no success on ssri, snri,sari or tricyclics even augmentation with anti psychotics, i found they made me feel worse. I now find myself almost off anti deps, still needing the diazepam which i wish they never gave me.  I wake in confused dreams, feel low then anxious in daytime.  I have been told this is normal coming off anti deps.  Also feel low.  I am now pursuing five element acupuncture and going to arrange to see a qualified herbalist.  I have to take warfarin so i am wondering if a herbalist will be able to help me?  Do you have any helpful views about herbalist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.