zopiclone

Posted , 4 users are following.

have been on zopiclone for 1 week, last night first night off them didnt sleep well and today very anxious..

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Christine don't take them any more! They will only get worse! Really bad drugs, I took only for a couple of months and had a full withdrawal meltdown that took me a long time to recover from!

If you take them take them maybe once every 3 nights, though I wouldn't advise taking them at all dependency comes very quickly and unexpected and no amount of zopiclone can help you sleep through it!

• Posted

Thanks Lee, i had a tough night not much sleep altho my doctor had given me travel pills to take instead of zopiclone it just wasnt the same. I'm also on sertraline anti depressants. Just one week in and the anxiety is horrid, i just want to feel better!

• Posted

Christine, do NOT sudddenly stop taking zopiclone.

Although it is highly addictive, you need a substitute with which to taper off safely.

You're going to have terrible withdrawal symptoms if you carry on like this.

Google The Ashton Method.

You need to be put on diazepam and slowly taper off that.

I'm a nurse, and I'm also doing a taper. My doctor immediately put me onto diazepam and it's being slowly reduced and I feel fine.

Please, please, don't go cold turkey.

Love Tess x

• Posted

Honestly, you won't feel better if you haven't replaced the zopiclone with prescribed diazepam. You're going to have to trust me on this.

Lee has said, don't take any more, but she also added that coming off them was hell, which it is UNLESS YOU TAPER CORRECTLY WITH DIAZEPAM.

I am not encouraging you to get addicted to diazepam - far from it. The idea is to taper with a long-acting medication, and drop a couple of milligrams of it every fortnight.

Cold turkey is dangerous and horrible.

• Posted

Tess is right if you can taper off with something else then do it.

I didn't have that luxury unfortunately I had to do cold turkey. And it was hell, I thought I had lost my mind!

I just used alcohol to try and level out (it wasn't the best method but it helped a bit)

I wouldn't wish the withdrawals on anyone so if you can do a taper then do, but whatever you do get off these horrible drugs!

Good luck!

• Posted

I remember you saying that beforre, Lee.

I have been lucky - I found a brilliant doctor who is tapering me with diazepam.

I really hope you're okay now, Lee.      love Tess.x

• Posted

Thanks Tess,

Yep I'm doing a lot better than I was. Still not quite back to 'normal' I have good days but I think more than anything the memory still haunts me and I worry so much I'm just on the precipice ready to fall back! I'm doing everything I can though. Not drinking or taking anything. My Dr. Did put me on Beta Blockers recently which seemed to help a bit but I want to stop them as I feel a little detached...

• Posted

If you DO fall off the precipice, stay with us. I think you'll be okay. You did an amazingly difficult thing so I'm not surprised that you have residual anxiety.

In fact, I'm beginning to notice a pattern - people who tapered too quickly, or went cold turkey, seem to have long-term problems with derealisation.

Must write a thesis on it. Love T

• Posted

Hi Christine,I was on zopiclone for 3 plus years.have done a switch over to diazpam with a longer half life...2nd night free of the nasty sleeping pills!!I know it's one addiction for another,but the idea is come off very very slowly.i so learnt the hard way I went cold turkey for 3 weeks.had to reinstate was trapped in hell!!thanks too tess above,I did the cross over.SLOWER THE BETTER....you can do this!an were all here to support you Xx

• Posted

Paula, I'm so glad to read that you're feeling better now.

Keep going. you can do it.

love Tess x

• Posted

thanks everyone for your comments, i am hanging on in there if only just sometimes. I know i shouldnt have taken the zopiclone even if it was for only a week it feels like from the very first tab i am addicted and to do without is horrid but had 2 nights now and slept better last night. I think i have accepted that i do have a mental health issue and just need to work at things to get better. I have a lot of personal issues which i am struggling with but i do have supportive children who i love and i want to get better for them and my animals. Hopefully the sertaline will help too, it great to have support on here too thanks guys xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.