Zopiclone

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am withdrawing from zopiclone. Major nerve pain throughout body, headache, mental fog, teeth hurt. Does anyone have any suggestions to reduce this pain?

Penny

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I never had withdrawal from zoplicone even though I took it for too long, but have suffered with insomnia my whole post- children life. I will take melatonin with chamomile tea if I have too much on my mind, or if I have to get up for a flight, I'll take half a zopidem. If you're in that much pain, maybe 5 mils of valium to go to sleep.

• Posted

Hi Penny you have my sincere sympathies. I was on zopiclone 7.5mg for over four months I didn't suffer with pain but had major anxiety. I went cold turkey I am still suffering with sleep deprivation and took half a diazepam when things got really bad. I was going to do the diazepam tapering method but was afraid of becoming dependent on diazepam. I'm through the worst of it. Cold turkey not recommended. I can't really advise you but I wish you well on your withdrawal from this horrendous drug.others on here have much more knowledge on what will help.

Good luck

Caroline

• Posted

Thank you both for input. I took 2-7.5 mg for approximately 4 yrs. The past  couple months I was taking 4 a day and feeling sicker and sicker. I put myself into a detox centre for 2 weeks to get off of them. They reduced me to one 7.5 with lorazepam for 5 days. Withdrawal symptoms horrendous. I don't believe that health care professionals understand the side effects or the correct way to stop taking. I do believe a better reduction system is required. 

Every nerve in in my body hurts. Sitting difficult as ciatic nerve pain unbearable. One consolation is I am on day 12 of not taking. Sleep getting better and the nerve pain in feet seems to be lessening. I am praying that the drug will leave body and not leave any permanent damage. I did consider asking for diazepam or lorazepam to help, but desperately just want my life to return to normal. I haven't felt wheel since I started taking this drug, but never in wildest dreams did I think that was what was causing my pain. 

• Posted

Jesus Penny what you have gone through and are going through sounds horrendous I felt really really ill on the zopiclone and was basically getting 1 to 2 hrs sleep a night on it I felt and acted like a zombie. Physically I felt so very ill. I ended up going to doctor who put me on another sleeping tablet which did absolutely nothing. I ended up taking an overdose I came out of hospital and went cold turkey I couldn't bear to take another zopiclone or zolpiderm I've been off them about five weeks now and am so glad to be free of them I don't feel ill but do suffer from anxiety which is lessening my sleep is still really bad but at least i don't feel ill. Persevere with it it will get better for you.

I am also on antpsychotic meds which give me horrendous side effects. And was put on them the same time as the zopuclone I am cutting down the dose of those too. I really wish you well and maybe a tapering plan with diazepam may help you. Others on here know about that more than I do. Look up the Ashton tapering method it may really help you I didn't do that because I did not want to get dependent on diazepam. I'm doing better than I was so hang on there Test a woman on these boards may be able to offer you some advice.

Wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Thank you for response. I was worried about diazepam too and it wasn't an option. I don't believe health practitioners know how horrendous the drug is and how almost impossible it is to get off. I just pray it will lighten up soon. Now sure how long I can go feeling like this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.