Zoplicone 7.5 m.g.

Posted , 3 users are following.

As with most of you, I have suffered bouts of insomnia over the years and basically dealt with it. Am 61 (almost 62) and have been retired 6 years.

For the most part, I had no problem sleeping until about 3 months ago when it was a horror show.

I was up days at a time and just tossed and turned when i tried to sleep and was beginning to feel zombie like symptons.

My doctor prescribed Zoplicone 7.5 mg to be taken at bed time. I took it as prescribed and could not fall asleep. This went on for a few days until i spoke with my pharmacist and told him my dilema. The pharmasist told me that i could try increasing the dosage to 15 m.g. and it worked after about 30 minutes. Finally slept 8 hours and woke up refreshed. This continued for about a week when all of the sudden It seemed to take longer and longer for the Zopliclone to work. I asked my doctor and he renewed my prescribtion of the 15 m.g. with 6 refills! I must admit that i was shocked but listened to my doctors advice. Problem is they never seem to work the same way twice. One night I take them at bedtime and am sleeping in minutes. Other times i take them and am up for 3-4 hours climbing the walls to get to sleep, Scenario is, that if i want to go to bed at midnight and take them it could be midnight when i fall asleep or 4 in the morning. I am so frustrated with not being able to come up with a proper plan for putting me to sleep and ending this frustration. Also, from reading these articles and realizing that I received 6 refills on 60 tabs, I have my concerns about becoming addicted to them. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Barry

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Same problem. It does help to have a cup of pure chamomile tea (from the flowers) the double bag just before bed...in your jammies.   I find that if I am hungry I can't sleep either.

I am talking to my doctor tomorrow about changing my sleeping meds. Over the years of having insomnia, I have found that any I've used, after awhile don't work anymore, and need to up the dose or change again.

I don't have an answer for you Barry, just what my experience has been. You will probably get more responses. Hang in there Honey.

• Posted

Thank you for your response Cia and best of luck to you also.
  • Posted

hi barry , yes i had the same experiences and still going through them

since last tuseday - 8 days ago i have sept 5 hrs and that was forced by drink which i dont usually do and it made me sick that was 4 days ago when i had a drink , but i was desperate to sleep , thats the last time i slept , i have issues with zopiclone and diazepam , i am cuurently on a diazepam taper plan but i am certain  i / my gp has calculated it out far to fast , from the end of may till now ive gone from 30 mg  to 3 mg but it has failed 2 days ago i went back up 5 mg  and still had not a mnuites sleep i am in a right state  i need further help .

good luck barry

• Posted

Hello Fred. I sympathise with you as I truly know what you are going through. Am discussing other options with my doctor later this week. Am also going to ask pharmacist since I am beginning to believe that they are sometimes more in tune than the doctors. Best of luck to you also and please watch the alcohol with this medication. Don't think they work well and ALL lives matter.

• Posted

Hi.  I have taken 7.5 for many many years.  At one point I was taking 7 of them at night but have been weaning down to now taking half a one at night.  I must just be lucky because I have had no withdrawals at all so far anyway but I used to panick at night when I first started tapering but finally decided when I go to bed I put music on low, lay back and relax and think nice things and end up falling asleep.  I don't sleep a full night, sort of doze off and on but must get enough sleep cause not exhausted next day at all.  What I do is, I take my zoplicone one hour before bed and after taking it I have something to eat, like bowl of potato chips or ice cream bar etc.  I find it, for me, works better when I eat right after taking it.  I wish you all the best of luck but to be honest, wish had never starting taking them cause like everyone else says, they are very very addictive.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.