Zytiga.Are you on it,how long have you been on it and what are the side effects for you

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in the final stages of  TMP4.My PSA has doubled from 8.2 to 16.68 ug/l in the last 2 months..I'm still working everyday as I find that staying at home I will sit and nodoff for a few hours so my way of thinking is that once I stop being active the c will take over my mindset and I will waste away in my Lazyboy.Lmao.

I

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What exactly is TMP4?
    • Posted

Thanks....I'm in a very good head space and attitude.I keep active and still work to keep my mind alert and positve..Ta

• Posted

Hi K2K, Sorry to hear of your condition. Agree, you should stay active and keep your mind on the daily activities. You have obviously been on all the chemo therapies and now is all the zytiga can do is keep the cancer at bay as long as possible. What age are you? Did you have any treatment for your prostate cancer?

Geoff

• Posted

Hi geoff.My cancer was too far advanced for Chemo and Radiation treatment...PSA initially was 238ug/l...That was June 2013....68 this September.....I really don't want to be taking ZYTIGA now while I'm still working because from my own research it will prematurely waste me to the piont that I would have to stop working...So far noone has been or is on ZYTIGA and able to tell me of there own obsevations..Ta

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your pc .i had a psa 14.8 gleason 9 t2 c in both lobes. Luckily contained. 11 mounths ago had itremoved open non nerve sparing.my last 5 psa tests the same 0.05. No metastates at the moment.feel i had a miracle😊.

I just want you to here about my late dad

Of 82 year old. When they found his pc the surgeons toled me , his was the size of a

Grapefruit . They said to me he had about 3 months to live. He had colestomy after 4 months .heres what i want you to know

My dad lived for three years.i even whent to lourds with him.i was with him at the end miss him dearly.i dont know what his meds were but his was injection in his belly daily

. Hope this gives you hope for more years

• Posted

Thanks Vincent.Sorry to read about yours and your Dad....He must have been a strong man.....The injection into the stomach is Zoladex...I've been administered Zoladex for the last 3.5 years but sadly it is losing its longivity as a hormone barrier to contain pc....So that next step is Zytiga...I really want to hear from people that are currently taking this chemo drug...Ta

• Posted

Sorry cant help you with zitiga

Hope you find the info you want

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.