So many of us are conscientious of our calorie intake these days - and for good reason! We want to keep our bodies slim and trim, so that we can go through life light and healthy. Here are 15 healthy 100 calorie (or fewer) snacks that will satisfy your taste buds without weighing you down. Enjoy!
1. Stewed apple with cloves and cinnamon
Core and cut a small organic apple into four pieces. Insert a clove into each one and boil for five minutes. Place your stewed apples on a plate and sprinkle with organic ground cinnamon.
2. A handful of raw almonds with a sprinkling of sea salt
This is no-brainer. However, you'll want to pick out 22 almonds to reach exactly 100 calories. Place them in a bowl and sprinkle with gourmet sea salt.
3. 192 grams of air-popped popcorn with a teaspoon of melted butter and a dash of cayenne pepper
Place your popped popcorn in a bowl and add seasoning.
4. Small baked sweet potato with a teaspoon of melted coconut oil or butter
Bake a small sweet potato at 204 degrees celsius for approximately 45 minutes. Cut down the middle and let your coconut oil melt into it. Add a dash of cinnamon. Eat mindfully.
5. 17 raw pistachios (already shelled) with a drizzle of raw honey
This one is simple. Place your pistachios on a plate and drizzle with one teaspoon of raw honey.
6. Traditional hummus with celery sticks
Enjoy 32 grams of hummus with 128 grams of chopped celery.
7. Hard-boiled egg with your favorite hot sauce
Hard boil your egg and enjoy with your favorite spicy sauce drizzled over it.
8. Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of raw honey
Scoop out 96 grams of Greek yogurt into a bowl and drizzle with a teaspoon of raw honey. Stir and savour this sweet and creamy treat.
9. One half of a ripe avocado with a pinch of sea salt and juice of half a lime
This one is simple. Peel and seed your 1/2 avocado. Cut it into four slices and squeeze lime juice over it. Add a dash of sea salt.
10. Dark chocolate!
Need I say more? (Read the label to see what 100 calories looks like.)
11. 25 frozen grapes
Frozen grapes are a tasty little treat, perfect for the entire family. Simply freeze grapes for a couple of hours and you have a frosty healthy dessert.
12. A frozen banana whipped into "ice cream"
This is the perfect frozen treat. In a food processor, whip up your frozen banana until smooth and creamy. Scoop into a bowl and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
13. Blueberry lassi
In a high-speed blender, combine 64 grams blueberries with 64 grams Greek yogurt, a dash of cinnamon, and a splash of filtered water.
14. 256 grams of sauerkraut
Sauerkraut is so, so good for your tummy. You can eat a whopping 256 grams and still not reach 100 calories.
15. Two clementines with cinnamon
Peel your clementines and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!