These granola bars are our go-to post-workout snack! Perfect to throw in your work bag ready to eat after your early morning workout or before dinner.
Snack, Makes 9-10 squares
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
- 200g pitted dates
- 84g honey (or maple syrup/agave for vegan option)
- 64g creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 112g roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 135g rolled oats (gluten free for GF eaters)
- optional: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla
- Process dates in a food processor for about 1 minute. It should form a dough-like texture.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oats, almonds and dates. Set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix.
- Transfer to an 8x8inch baking dish lined with parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down on mixture until flat. Really pack the bars (this will help them hold together better).
- Cover with parchment and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars and chop into 10 even bars (or 9 squares).