Whether you serve hot or cold, these treats are perfect when the sun is shining.
Ready in: 35-45 minutes
100g of golden caster sugar, plus a little extra for any sprinkling
25g of melted butter
25g of ground almonds
100g of self-raising flour
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons of peach conserve or apricot jam
1 tablespoon of flaked almonds
Half-fat crème fraiche
1. Preheat the oven to 220c/ Gas mark 7, and use a large bowl to whisk the eggs, sugar and almonds together. This should about a minute, and they should be foamy when you have finished.
2. Pour in the melted butter, and beat until it is combined. Fold the flour into the bowl gently, adding a pinch of salt.
3. Remove the stone and slice the peaches. Using a non-stick muffin tin, divide the mixture across six holes and add the jam/conserve and a few peach slices across each one.
4. Scatter some sugar and the almonds across the top, before placing in the oven for 20-25mins. They should be golden and puffed up after this time.
5. Serve while still warm with crème fraiche, or allow to cool. They are best eaten on the day they have been made, but they can be frozen for up to a month.