- 5 mins to prepare. 25 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Mild cod with full-flavoured cured sausage. A tasty Mediterranean dish that's a great source of high quality lean protein.
- 120g chorizo sausage
- 3 cod fillets
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 8 tbsp of white wine
- 8 shallots
- 1 large tin of butter beans
- 2 tbsp of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Each serving contains
- Calories 330 17%
- Sugar 7g 8%
- Fat 12.6g 18%
- Saturates 3.6g 18%
- Salt 3.6g 61%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Heat your oven to 220oC (425oF).
2. Coat a small oven dish with cooking spray.
3. Prepare the chorizo by peeling the skin off and then slicing into bite-sized chunks. Slice the tomatoes in half and finely chop the shallots.
4. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, chorizo and thyme and cook for about 1 min.
5. Next add the tomatoes and 4 tbsp of the wine. Cook a little longer until the tomatoes are broken down and the wine is almost evaporated, about 2 - 4 mins. Stir in beans and remove from the heat.
6. Place the fish in the prepared dish and top with the tomato mixture. Pour the rest of the wine into the pan and cover with foil.
7. Bake for 15 - 20 mins until the fish is just cooked through. Serve the fish with the sauce spooned over the top.
Featured in our Mediterranean diet
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.