Dessert, Serves 2-4
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:75 minutes
- 3 bananas
- 30g butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to taste!)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 220g ground almonds
- 30g ground flaxseed (also known as linseed)
- 1 tbsp whole flax, for sprinkling
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees/gas mark 5.
- Line a 23x13cm loaf tin with baking parchment - double the size as it will also be used to store and wrap the banana bread.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and banana. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, eggs.
- Add the cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, lemon juice and salt to the bowl and whisk.
- Add the ground almond and flaxseed and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Sprinkle with the whole flax and bake for 75 minutes.
- Check after 30 minutes and if it is looking a little brown, cover the top with baking parchment.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Serve warm with some honey and a cup of tea!
- Cover and store the bread in the fridge - will last for about a week.